• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Mr. X Deployment

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
1 month ago#1
All this talk about Mr. X reminds me that this scene will be remade as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJ10-gPW2M

I remember Mikami once saying that if he directed the game, Mr. X would pop out of nowhere, without any cutscene to show where it came from.

Do you think the deployment scene should be shown or should Mr. X appear without warning or introduction?
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 month ago#2
For a minute I thought this was gonna be another video leak lol.

A encounter with no warning would be kinda creepy, but it looks like his first encounter was already spoiled in Tyrant reveal video.

User Info: Goingghost88

Goingghost88
1 month ago#3
I was kinda wondering about this the other day actually. I was wondering if they’ll still have him dropped off via helicopter, or if he’ll show up a different way now. I think it would be weird if he just “showed up” though.

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
1 month ago#4
They will show it I'm sure.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

User Info: markm316

markm316
1 month ago#5
Oh they'll show him arriving for sure. It looks like from the videos I've seen that his introduction is a lot like the previous game.

Cinematic - Helicopter crashes
Claire goes outside to put out the fire.
Cinematic - Mr. X is deployed
Claire meets Mr. X for the first time when he moves the destroyed helicopter out of the way.

Whether or not he's dropped in by helicopter like the original remains to be seen.

User Info: Moose_Of_Woe

Moose_Of_Woe
1 month ago#6
One of those youtube comments said at first they thought Umbrella air dropped a statue.

I frickin' died.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
1 month ago#7
If Mr. X did airdrop, that's some tough fedora.
It stays on even when crashing through a roof.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: gamestunner

gamestunner
1 month ago#8
Goldsickle posted...

Fedoras may be tough, but the people that wear them definitely aren't.

User Info: Toan

Toan
1 month ago#9
gamestunner posted...
Goldsickle posted...

Fedoras may be tough, but the people that wear them definitely aren't.

Eh you never know... I was once in the process of designing a badass with a Fedora.

Stopped when I realized I was getting very close to Vergil from DMC
1499 "Kick traps to disable them."
Unbound-King "Tried that once, doesn't work. Still continued to dress like a girl..."

User Info: ZGMF_600_Guaiz

ZGMF_600_Guaiz
1 month ago#10
Mr. X dropping from the helicopter is relevant plot wise, as it's implied that afterwards the same helicopter took the other 5 capsules (more T-103 Tyrants) to the Dead Factory (RE3), where they engaged the Spec Ops the US government had sent to retrieve Birkin. You can find the corpses of the Spec Ops and the 5 T-103 Tyrants around the area you fight Nemesis for the last time in RE3. in fact Nemesis feeds from the lone T-103 that mutated which triggers its final transformation.

The greatest battle at Raccoon City... we never saw.

...unless you count RE: ORC, whose Spec Ops are supposedly based on the above-mentioned soldiers. Best proof being their second to last mission, where they fight 5 T-103 Tyrants in the Dead Factory PVP map. That mission is called "The places we're meant to die". In an earlier mission they are also looking for Birkin.
Sieg Zeon!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Mr. X Deployment
  • Topic Archived