• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why is there so much hate for fans of the "original" gameplay?

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
1 month ago#1
I know the first thing people will say is ... “they complain too much and never shut up about it!”.

Well, you got some Resident Evil fans who really do enjoy the original gameplay and camera angle like RE 1 Remake. It changes the gameplay and how one approaches the game.

Personally, I love third person shooters and I love RE 6, RE 5 and RE 4.
However I also love the original style and still enjoy it to this day.

I love Resident Evil for having that style, we are all fans tho, stop hating on people who appreciate the original style.

https://i.imgtc.com/pGQbw2F.jpg

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 month ago#2
I think it’s more the complaining about no Fixed Cameras that is driving people nuts. We have known for so long now that they weren’t in this game and people are still complaining like it’s going to do something it change anything. Gotta be honest and say it does get pretty annoying..

This is coming from someone who is a fan of fixed cameras and OTS.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: BOMB_SHOT

BOMB_SHOT
1 month ago#3
Didn't know wat fixed camera was until I looked it up and gonna say **** was whack. That's some old school bull**** and should stay in the past you feel me. This is 2018 not the 90s dawg.

User Info: Recycled

Recycled
1 month ago#4
Because RE fanbase is majorly young folk who have been ruined by latest gaming generations.

I'm also a versatile RE fan, but I think it's the young folk who fail to realize the qualities of the fixed camera, and they lack the concepts of adapting, planning and conservation. So it's not wonder they view classic RE fans as elitist.

User Info: Icefang526

Icefang526
1 month ago#5
I’m a fan of the classic style myself, but I’m not going to let my bias prevent me from enjoying this game if it actually turns out to be good.

Too many people judging this game already based on that single criterion. Those are the ones people are getting annoyed with.
PSN ID: Judgment526

User Info: Ksupreme90

Ksupreme90
1 month ago#6
Because when the purists say crap like “no OTS? This game will be a tragedy, I don’t like how Claire looks, this game is a disgrace” every day then you definitely should expect hate to come your way

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 month ago#7
Because a lot of purists are ignorant as hell. The funniest thing I’ve heard yet from them is that this remake is RE4 with a RE2 skin over it.

They really do act all high and mighty like they know what true survival-horror should be when in reality they are so stuck in the past with their nostalgia glasses on that they don’t realize there have been many OTS survival horror games within the last decade and a half that prove you don’t need FC angles and tank controls to be a proper survival-horror game.

And then you have the purists recently who think the zombie groaning and walking sound effects (yes, walking sound effects) are superior in the original ‘98 version than in the 2019 remake.... let that sink in just to show how ridiculous they can be. They really are the definition of the word complaining. That’s why.

User Info: Ruby_of_Blue

Ruby_of_Blue
1 month ago#8
CODEumb87 posted...
Because a lot of purists are ignorant as hell. The funniest thing I’ve heard yet from them is that this remake is RE4 with a RE2 skin over it.

They really do act all high and mighty like they know what true survival-horror should be when in reality they are so stuck in the past with their nostalgia glasses on that they don’t realize there have been many OTS survival horror games within the last decade and a half that prove you don’t need FC angles and tank controls to be a proper survival-horror game.

And then you have the purists recently who think the zombie groaning and walking sound effects (yes, walking sound effects) are superior in the original ‘98 version than in the 2019 remake.... let that sink in just to show how ridiculous they can be. They really are the definition of the word complaining. That’s why.

Honestly sounds more like you just can't handle even the most tiny of criticisms of RE2make without getting all puffy.

User Info: BrandonHennig

BrandonHennig
1 month ago#9
Icefang526 posted...
I’m a fan of the classic style myself, but I’m not going to let my bias prevent me from enjoying this game if it actually turns out to be good.

Too many people judging this game already based on that single criterion. Those are the ones people are getting annoyed with.
Favorite games---Silent Hill 2, Biohazard 2 & 3, and--

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 month ago#10
Ruby_of_Blue posted...
CODEumb87 posted...

Honestly sounds more like you just can't handle even the most tiny of criticisms of RE2make without getting all puffy.

It’s not criticism, it’s petty nitpicking from cry babies, there’s a difference. Turn that into a broken record and it will make anybody who isn’t a purist “puffy”.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why is there so much hate for fans of the "original" gameplay?
  • Topic Archived