• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Missed opportunity when it comes to gameplay...

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
4 weeks ago#11
I don't want hiding. Just doesn't make for fun gameplay, especially on repeat playthroughs.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: Nordairan

Nordairan
4 weeks ago#12
Crimson_Storm posted...
I thinking hiding would make this game more like other horror games like Outlast, which I don’t want.

I can see this happening for RE3 though.

More like "Haunting Grounds" which I also adore... Or Alien Isolation... I agree RE2 was not that kind of a game. It couldn't be the case with RE3 Remake because you will have weapons, but if Nemesis will be undestroyable for the first part of the game then yes, it will very likely be like an Alien Isolation game which is good if you ask me.

User Info: NeverBeGameOver

NeverBeGameOver
4 weeks ago#13
Hiding mechanic would've been stupid af, there's never been a hiding mechanic unless it was telling Ashley to hide in RE4.

User Info: masterrugalm

masterrugalm
4 weeks ago#14
Or maybe Capcom could make a new Clock Tower/ Haunting Ground Already! I am guessing the Sherry sections could be something like those games, we ll have to wait and see.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
4 weeks ago#15
I recall some people saying that Resident Evil is "about evading enemies" or something.
Stealth is a good way of achieving that.

Running past enemies only worked because rooms load one at a time and enemies are usually erased once you press X at a door.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: AmandaValentine

AmandaValentine
4 weeks ago#16
LOOOPS posted...
I don't want hiding. Just doesn't make for fun gameplay, especially on repeat playthroughs.

But that is the thing if you ask me, every playthrough will be different for every player if Nemesis acts like his own character and is not scripted. But I respect whatever you think hun.

NeverBeGameOver posted...
Hiding mechanic would've been stupid af, there's never been a hiding mechanic unless it was telling Ashley to hide in RE4.

And it worked pretty well in RE4, just let Claire hide in a locker while Mr. X or a licker passes by. It doesn’t have to be groundbreaking to be implemented in the game.

masterrugalm posted...
Or maybe Capcom could make a new Clock Tower/ Haunting Ground Already! I am guessing the Sherry sections could be something like those games, we ll have to wait and see.

I would love that! That was a true masterpiece when it came to writing and horrorful gameplay. And who doesn’t love a cute sidekick? (I am talking about that dog)

Goldsickle posted...
I recall some people saying that Resident Evil is "about evading enemies" or something.
Stealth is a good way of achieving that.

Running past enemies only worked because rooms load one at a time and enemies are usually erased once you press X at a door.

I agree! It’s either using all your ammo or evading the threat, and one way of doing this is hiding from them when they come searching for you.
No, I am not related to Jill, Ivy or Faye Valentine. But I love them!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Missed opportunity when it comes to gameplay...
  • Topic Archived