• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. One thing that worries me about Mr. X...

User Info: KINGR1P

KINGR1P
3 months ago#1
Is that he looks unstoppable. I mean this should be a good thing but I'm worried that he's always gonna be chasing you. Always gonna be right in your face even if you knock him down.

What if you knock him down, run all the way to the other side of the police station and you hear those footsteps. Getting louder and louder until he pops up again.

Just worried he'll be like Nemesis when he wasnt meant to be. He was always scripted and popped up after certain waypoints or after you got an item.

Anyone else kinda worried? I mean besides all that he looks amazing. But....yeah he may be more annoying than fun...especially if him not dropping weapons and ammo is true.

User Info: PyroBlondie3

PyroBlondie3
3 months ago#2
That should be expected ’cause this is a survival-HORROR game unlike the original! You should be afraid!

KINGR1P
3 months ago#3
PyroBlondie3 posted...
That should be expected ’cause this is a survival-HORROR game unlike the original! You should be afraid!

I dont mean fear inducing i mean it may be annoying always fighting off Mr. X.

I hope you can hide from him or he wanders around aimlessly until he actually spots you.

User Info: chief606

chief606
3 months ago#4
I don't want him to be chasing me the entire game. I like the idea of having him around, but if he's like this the whole game, the horror element will lose it's effect, and it will just become frustrating. But I don't think it will be the whole game. Maybe an hour or 2.
FC 4485-4052-7934, PSN SARGEh32149606
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
3 months ago#5
There is no need to make him scripted anymore in 2019, and it adds replay-ability as it isn't the same 3 scripted events over and over again.

Has no one here played Alien Isolation? The Xenomorph was a constant threat and made you think twice before firing a weapon at another enemy. I'm all down for that to be replicated in this remake. I don't want an easy game just for the sake of speedrunners and people who wanna beat it multiple times a week.

KINGR1P
3 months ago#6
chief606 posted...
I don't want him to be chasing me the entire game. I like the idea of having him around, but if he's like this the whole game, the horror element will lose it's effect, and it will just become frustrating. But I don't think it will be the whole game. Maybe an hour or 2.

I agree. I dont mind him chasing me but the entire game or from the point on where he's introduced would be tense at first but then i can see it becoming annoying.

Im a HUGE RE fan by the way. I like all the styles the series has put out but i prefer FCAs since thats what i grew up with.
I'm assuming there will be triggers that cause him to quit a certain area. Like with the Bakers in RE7. Like if I'm in the sewers, and I decide to go back to the police station(Assuming a similar sequence of events as the original), that he won't follow me from the sewers into the police station.

Also save rooms.

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
3 months ago#8
I love this new more unstoppable version of him. More lore friendly and makes my playthrough more intense. I'm sure he'll only be in a few small parts throughout the game.
If you ain't a Fiend, you ain't Clean!

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
3 months ago#9
This is how Mr.X is suppose to be..

He’s suppose to make you feel hopeless, he is suppose feel unstoppable, be overbearing, be menacing, he’s a stalker type Tyrant, so he is suppose to relentlessly come after you.

I can’t imagine how you guys are gonna feel when you get to the Fourth Survivor scenario. That was challenging enough on the original, imagine how hard that’s gonna be in this. Especially if they keep it where Hunk can’t pick up ammo and Mr.X is in it like the original.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: edward18

edward18
3 months ago#10
Weren't there multiple T-103s in that?
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. One thing that worries me about Mr. X...
  • Topic Archived