• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. CRAZY amount of auto-aim

User Info: Ruby_of_Blue

Ruby_of_Blue
2 years ago#1
Does anybody know what's up with the insane amount of auto aim in this video? Most of the footage we've seen doesn't have it, but I've seen some footage with auto aim here and there, and this video showcases a crazily hand-holdy amount of it. Is it an option that can be turned on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjYWw2DrrVY

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 years ago#2
Toggling aiming assist on and off has become common nowadays for any games with shooter controls.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: Ruby_of_Blue

Ruby_of_Blue
2 years ago#3
Goldsickle posted...
Toggling aiming assist on and off has become common nowadays for any games with shooter controls.

There's aim assist, and there's there's literally doing the aiming for you. This borderline breaks the game.

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
2 years ago#4
They probably include this feature for the likes of PyroBlondie. This casual ass was actually praising easy difficulty early.
As long as we can turn it off(which I'm 99% sure we can) then it's not an issue.
Still, it's kinda sad to see games infesting themselves with features that only the normies would want.

User Info: JMartin1983

JMartin1983
2 years ago#5
Great video, and a nice detailed commentary about what's going onscreen as well as a few well placed issues. Mostly regarding unskippable cutscenes being enjoyable for a first playthrough but heavy for when you already know the game and his comments regarding the environment sometimes looking bland (especially in the street sections).

Honestly, the character voice acting in french is pretty solid as well.

As for the auto-aim, if you fail so much, the game offers to bring down the difficulty, so obviously it's a feature that can be toggled off or on depending on what kind of experience you want.
Take comfort in knowing you never had a choice.
-Vincent

User Info: liamx2000

liamx2000
2 years ago#6
Ruby_of_Blue posted...
Goldsickle posted...

There's aim assist, and there's there's literally doing the aiming for you. This borderline breaks the game.

no it doesn't especially if you can adjust the settings..... grasping at straws to find things to moan about , I just add anyone that moans to the ignore list now makes life much more easier around here lol.
Go to google and type Gamefaqs is......
The internet has spoken.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 years ago#7
Ruby_of_Blue posted...
There's aim assist, and there's there's literally doing the aiming for you.

Those tend to be the same thing.
Some aim assist sticks to the enemy a bit longer than simply highlighting the enemy.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
2 years ago#8
liamx2000 posted...
Ruby_of_Blue posted...
Goldsickle posted...

no it doesn't especially if you can adjust the settings..... grasping at straws to find things to moan about , I just add anyone that moans to the ignore list now makes life much more easier around here lol.

This. Especially those people who b**** incessantly about faces, clothes, hair, the character’s personal lives (as if they are real people), etc.
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

User Info: chief606

chief606
2 years ago#9
I'll turn it off. I always do in any game with shooting. Games like call of duty especially. I hate sticky aim because it can mess with you when you have mtiple enemies on screen, and if you're aiming for headshots, auto aim usually aims for center of mass.
FC 4485-4052-7934, PSN SARGEh32149606
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!

User Info: Recycled

Recycled
2 years ago#10
I like to think these options are there for people with conditions.
As long as it can be turned off, fine.

I know REv1 had that.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. CRAZY amount of auto-aim
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A