You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.

User Info: Oni Seraph

Oni Seraph
1 week ago#91
>Consoles are bad
>on a console board

Alrighty.
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.

User Info: manlyman667

manlyman667
1 week ago#92
Oni Seraph posted...
>Consoles are bad
>on a console board

Alrighty.

I dig that signature.
Overused meme or catch phrase!!
Am I doing it right?

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
1 week ago#93
Some of choices being carried over from RE7 is probably why I can't really get super excited for this game.

Also the dorky hacking device with Ada looks pulled out of 2008.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
1 week ago#94
I have no problem with unskippable cutscenes as long as they're not in the intro. Going through that s*** in Mass Effect 2 every time I wanted to fix my eye color was torture.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: JMartin1983

JMartin1983
1 week ago#95
I'm not surprised to see some people defend them.. when really, there's nothing good about it. It either doesn't bother you, or it's annoying, there's no one here that truly enjoys the fact that you can't skip a cutscene. Some of those walking segments with Ada look to be lengthy enough and that's not even a "cutscene" but don't seem to be skippable either. There was a french video posted on here today where the guy touches down on this. Saying they are fine for a first time experience since you most likely want to see the story but becomes heavy on multiple playthroughs.
Take comfort in knowing you never had a choice.
-Vincent
JMartin1983 posted...
I'm not surprised to see some people defend them.. when really, there's nothing good about it. It either doesn't bother you, or it's annoying, there's no one here that truly enjoys the fact that you can't skip a cutscene. Some of those walking segments with Ada look to be lengthy enough and that's not even a "cutscene" but don't seem to be skippable either. There was a french video posted on here today where the guy touches down on this. Saying they are fine for a first time experience since you most likely want to see the story but becomes heavy on multiple playthroughs.

It's true. Evil Within 2 suffered from this a bit.

User Info: TheMbadi

TheMbadi
1 week ago#97
PumpkinBelmont posted...
Obviously it’s just me but unskippable cutscenes never bothered me.

Good for you. They sure bothered me, back when I was playing RE1 and RE2. They still bothered me when I was replaying both games last year. Obviously, a lot of people were bothered by unskippable in-game cutscenes, that's why we moved away from that s*** a long time ago. If you're not bothered by having to sit through all that s*** over and over again, then simply do not skip the cutscenes.
If however the cutscenes in REmake2 really are unskippable (even after beating the game once), it would greatly diminish my enjoyment and I would probably not even bother buying that crap unless they release a patch later down the line. I replay games a lot. I always go after a 100% completion and I certainly would not want to watch the f***ing cutscenes everytime I play through the game again. Especially not on higher difficulties.

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
1 week ago#98
Resident Evil 4 did cutscenes perfectly. There wasn't a single cutscene you couldn't just instantly skip and then you'd be right back into the action.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
1 week ago#99
penaferus posted...
Unskippable cutscenes...you mean like the original? Big woop.

You heard it here, folks. This guy says REmake 2 loading in between doors, enemies can't follow you, and the locations should be limited only to a few streets, the RPD, sewer, and lab. This is how the original is and the remake can make no improvements on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D809OzU42Wo

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 week ago#100
TheMbadi posted...
PumpkinBelmont posted...
Obviously it’s just me but unskippable cutscenes never bothered me.

Good for you. They sure bothered me, back when I was playing RE1 and RE2. They still bothered me when I was replaying both games last year. Obviously, a lot of people were bothered by unskippable in-game cutscenes, that's why we moved away from that s*** a long time ago. If you're not bothered by having to sit through all that s*** over and over again, then simply do not skip the cutscenes.
If however the cutscenes in REmake2 really are unskippable (even after beating the game once), it would greatly diminish my enjoyment and I would probably not even bother buying that crap unless they release a patch later down the line. I replay games a lot. I always go after a 100% completion and I certainly would not want to watch the f***ing cutscenes everytime I play through the game again. Especially not on higher difficulties.

@TheMbadi

First of all you quoted the wrong person, Pumpkin didn’t say that I did. Second, I don’t need your life story on why you don’t like unskippable cutscenes and I honestly don’t care, so keep your s***ty attitude to yourself.

Like I said, I personally don’t mind them as it doesn’t bother me, when I play any RE I watch the cutscenes regardless. I also said I can understand why people wouldn’t want them in the game. Nor did I ever say it was a good thing that they aren’t skippable, just that it doesn’t bother me personally.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.