• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.

User Info: inlineshadow

inlineshadow
1 month ago#81
I honestly don't skip cutscenes anyways, even on multiple playthroughs. I like to be immersed each time.
Thug - "Where's your costume?"
Spider-Man - "Your mom's washing it for me."

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 month ago#82
PumpkinBelmont posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
PumpkinBelmont posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
@Phil_Resch posted...
I really don't think the game is gonna have cutscenes longer than a few minutes at most, certainly not eight.

None of the RE games have 8 minute cutscenes.

It was an exaggeration and doesn't detract from the point in my previous post. Sorry Drax.

Obviously it’s just me but unskippable cutscenes never bothered me. Even on replays I watch the cutscenes for games. Like I said above, only exception is if I’m streaming and the viewers want them skipped. Maybe it’s because I’m a big film guy and watch a lot of movies but I always rewatch the cut scenes.

Fantastic. But a lot of people do like to so I don't know why your pining against options for the players. I've never watched the same movie five times in a day, I've beaten a RE game five times in a day though, after the third time I'm not watching those scenes again that day.

I’m not saying there is anything wrong with wanting unskippable cutscenes, I simply explained the possibility of why they may not be skippable.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: middays_deep

middays_deep
1 month ago#83
Unskippable cutscenes have never been a big issue for me.

It’s only annoying if there’s a boss right after a long cutscene and you die to the boss and have you don’t have the option of skipping it after already viewing it once.
Every game would be better if Dunban was in it.

User Info: allergyseason

allergyseason
1 month ago#84
they're loading screens ya dingus!
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1 Corinthians 13:11

User Info: ohtheforlanity

ohtheforlanity
1 month ago#85
middays_deep posted...

It’s only annoying if there’s a boss right after a long cutscene and you die to the boss and have you don’t have the option of skipping it after already viewing it once.

Lady bloody Yunalesca
Aaargh!

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 month ago#86
ohtheforlanity posted...
middays_deep posted...

Lady bloody Yunalesca

We live in the checkpoint era. I doubt that will be a problem.
Future Billionaire
Games to Watch: Indivisible, Galaxy in Turmoil, Daymare: 1998, Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark, Griftlands, Prey for the Gods, Atomic Heart

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
1 month ago#87
ohtheforlanity posted...
middays_deep posted...

Lady bloody Yunalesca

nOw iS tHe tImE To cHoOse
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: PyroBlondie3

PyroBlondie3
1 month ago#88
Suspiria posted...
PyroBlondie3 posted...
Suspiria posted...
Unskippable cutscenes are stupid, but that's faaaar from being one of the main issues with this game what with it being yet another rehash of the atrocious RE4 BS with the s***ty RE7 engine that results in Golum looking characters.

But you’ll still buy it, play it and enjoy it, right?

No. There's no need to. If you've played the Revelations games, that's all this gonna be except with s***tier character models and RE2 skin.

Revelations is actually very good! Try it!
BrandonHennig posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
PyroBlondie3 posted...
Who cares about your whiny ass.

Well lightningxiii-2, ClaireSpirit, LeonSoul do, they're always sucking me off. There's a couple of others like them, but they're the best. I feel like you'll be pretty good too, don't ask me why though.

I'm 100% sure PyroBlondie IS lightning dude. It should be treated as such (ie, ignored).

Whoa!!! Didn’t read your message in time. Sorry if I offended you TC. I didn’t know you would react in such a way.

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
1 month ago#89
It's a limitation of the weak hardware in these crappy consoles combined with poor development and gaming standards.

Just another reason I don't do console gaming anymore or buy AAA trash.
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: manlyman667

manlyman667
1 month ago#90
Sir_Haxor posted...
It's a limitation of the weak hardware in these crappy consoles combined with poor development and gaming standards.

Just another reason I don't do console gaming anymore or buy AAA trash.

Way to limit yourself buddy. No one thinks you're as bad ass as you think you are.

I have a PS4 and Switch. I love the awesome exclusive games they offer. And I have an awesome gaming computer as well.

Limiting yourself is a bad character trait.
Overused meme or catch phrase!!
Am I doing it right?
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.
  • Topic Archived