• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.

User Info: manta53

manta53
1 month ago#21
SSJ_Jin posted...
I hope you can skip these or just run to the next point so you don't have to "Follow Ada" as she casually walks there and you gotta listen to the conversation. I can't believe unskippable cutscenes made a return to gaming. It's actually bs. Speedrun friendly my ass. lol Better be skippable.

I dunno why people accept this. Resident Evil 7, God of War, Spider-Man, etc. Will definitely kill replayability for me.

</end rant>

You probably shouldnt buy the game.
Church of Korvin

User Info: BrandonHennig

BrandonHennig
1 month ago#22
PumpkinBelmont posted...
BIack_Dynamite posted...
BrandonHennig posted...
BIack_Dynamite posted...
I prefer this stuff. Makes for more immersion. A too clearly defined line between gameplay and story can be jarring.

One or two aren't bad but they do get annoying when you just wanna play the damn game. Game's are meant to be played, not watched after all...

I see your point but...I am still playing the game. I get immersed in those moments because it doesn’t cut away it just plays seamlessly. I don’t need to be constantly shooting or solving puzzles to be “playing”.

It's about replaying though. Do you want to replay those boring sections over and over?

I get where he's coming from. If those sections help expand the characters and are done correctly they CAN be very immersive, like Joel and Ellie stopping to make remarks about the environment or give some character development. Those were my favorite parts of the Last of Us.
Favorite games---Silent Hill 2, Biohazard 2 & 3, and--

User Info: BlueSnow

BlueSnow
1 month ago#23
Yeah, screw unskippable cutscenes. They totally hurt replayability.
Favorite Game: Silent Hill 2.
Favorite Genres: TP survival horror with combat, Anime JRPGs, Hack n' Slash, Musou, 3D Beat 'em up, Fighting, VN, OW Survival.

User Info: liamx2000

liamx2000
1 month ago#24
SSJ_Jin posted...
I hope you can skip these or just run to the next point so you don't have to "Follow Ada" as she casually walks there and you gotta listen to the conversation. I can't believe unskippable cutscenes made a return to gaming. It's actually bs. Speedrun friendly my ass. lol Better be skippable.

I dunno why people accept this. Resident Evil 7, God of War, Spider-Man, etc. Will definitely kill replayability for me.

</end rant>

Too bad bye.
Go to google and type Gamefaqs is......
The internet has spoken.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 month ago#25
lol if it’s part of the gameplay it’s not a cutscene.

In-game dialogue has been around since the first Uncharted in ‘07 and has been featured in plenty of single player games since then, why are people not use to this by now? It’s not exactly a new practice. Nobody wants games full of 3-4 hours of skipable cutscenes.

User Info: Alkamizt

Alkamizt
1 month ago#26
Do you just sit there for hours thinking of s*** to complain about? Seems equal to complaining about the brand of shoes Ada is wearing.

Since petty rants dont get you anywhere, maybe just quit gaming altogether, and hope somewhere down the line personalized, custom games become a thing, where devs make a game specifically for you and your special needs.

User Info: lowlifeboy

lowlifeboy
1 month ago#27
PyroBlondie3 posted...
Who cares about your whiny ass.

speaking of whiny asses, sup girl!

User Info: Goingghost88

Goingghost88
1 month ago#28
If that’s true, that’s a bummer. Forced walking segments rare the second most annoying game mechanic ever, next to QTE’s of course.

User Info: ClericIdola

ClericIdola
1 month ago#29
Really not understanding the OTS hate. OTS doesn't automatically equal Gears of War. In fact, to my knowlege RE4 was the first OTS game released, but Gears of War pushed it further into the mainstream. It just works better for these types of third person games.

Now FFVII with pre-rendered backdrops / fixed angles would make sense for it being a turn-based RPG. Hardware doesn't necessarily limit it. With RE2 it only makes sense to remake it with a 3D environment, unless you like doing your headshot guess work because of forced, clunky controls as a result of fixed angles.
Red Dead Online GOLD Shark Cards?!
https://youtu.be/yHDof23QOS8

User Info: ohtheforlanity

ohtheforlanity
1 month ago#30
PyroBlondie3 posted...
Suspiria posted...
Unskippable cutscenes are stupid, but that's faaaar from being one of the main issues with this game what with it being yet another rehash of the atrocious RE4 BS with the s***ty RE7 engine that results in Golum looking characters.

But you’ll still buy it, play it and enjoy it, right?

You honestly think he wantsto enjoy this game?
Aaargh!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.
  • Topic Archived