• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.

User Info: Ada-Wong-Fan

Ada-Wong-Fan
3 months ago#101
SSJ_Jin posted...
I hope you can skip these or just run to the next point so you don't have to "Follow Ada" as she casually walks there and you gotta listen to the conversation. I can't believe unskippable cutscenes made a return to gaming. It's actually bs. Speedrun friendly my ass. lol Better be skippable.

I dunno why people accept this. Resident Evil 7, God of War, Spider-Man, etc. Will definitely kill replayability for me.

</end rant>

First Playthrough have Unskippable Story Scenes.
Future Playthroughs have Skippable Story Scenes once you beaten Game or Watched Scene Already
Without Stella = 29.99-39.99 Buy / With Stella = Full Price, Resident Evil Series R.I.P. 1996-2002 thanks to False 4-6 False Revelations 1-2.

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
3 months ago#102
SSJ_Jin posted...
penaferus posted...
Unskippable cutscenes...you mean like the original? Big woop.

You heard it here, folks. This guy says REmake 2 loading in between doors, enemies can't follow you, and the locations should be limited only to a few streets, the RPD, sewer, and lab. This is how the original is and the remake can make no improvements on it.

I don't see a problem.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters
(message deleted)

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
3 months ago#104
Ada-Wong-Fan posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
I hope you can skip these or just run to the next point so you don't have to "Follow Ada" as she casually walks there and you gotta listen to the conversation. I can't believe unskippable cutscenes made a return to gaming. It's actually bs. Speedrun friendly my ass. lol Better be skippable.

I dunno why people accept this. Resident Evil 7, God of War, Spider-Man, etc. Will definitely kill replayability for me.

</end rant>

Future Playthroughs have Skippable Story Scenes once you beaten Game or Watched Scene Already

Has this been confirmed or are you guessing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D809OzU42Wo

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
3 months ago#105
Onimusha 2 pulled that "can't skip cutscene first time" format.
And on your subsequent playthrough, you can skip all the cutscene you've seen but not the new ones you get from taking different paths.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
3 months ago#106
SSJ_Jin posted...
Ada-Wong-Fan posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...

</end rant>

Has this been confirmed or are you guessing?

In the poster's mind this was probably some kind of "compromise-meet-halfway" kind of thing. Which is unnecessary. Just let us skip all the cutscenes, even on the first playthrough if people want to. No one is forcing anyone to skip so skippable cutscenes would hurt no one.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
3 months ago#107
The objective says:

"TALK TO ADA"

Yeah, sorry man.
I tried hard to analyze recent gameplay videos but it looks like we're getting a forced walk section.

I never liked these scenes when I experienced them in games like Dead Space.
I hope there's at least a dialog skip button like the communications in Batman: Arkham Knight.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: King_Kash

King_Kash
3 months ago#108
My question is......who asked for more Brian Irons? j/k

User Info: durangodan

durangodan
3 months ago#109
Unskipable cutscenes are a bit of a drag. However, I won't mind so much as long as they're not too frequent. I remember in RE6 it was constantly taking control away from you and having a small cut scene. It happened all the damn time.

RE7, not so much, so hopefully it won't get in the way of the gameplay.
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
psn: durangodan76

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
3 months ago#110
LOOOPS posted...
In the poster's mind this was probably some kind of "compromise-meet-halfway" kind of thing. Which is unnecessary. Just let us skip all the cutscenes, even on the first playthrough if people want to. No one is forcing anyone to skip so skippable cutscenes would hurt no one.

Goldsickle posted...
The objective says:

"TALK TO ADA"

Yeah, sorry man.
I tried hard to analyze recent gameplay videos but it looks like we're getting a forced walk section.

I never liked these scenes when I experienced them in games like Dead Space.
I hope there's at least a dialog skip button like the communications in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Yeah it's unfortunate. God of War had unskippable cutscenes, but then they added a punch to skip some. Wasn't enough though, I couldn't stomach a second playthrough. Same with Spider-Man. Was going to do the Ultimate difficulty or whatever they patched in, but then I realized I couldn't skip anything.

I don't like the whole "you have to beat the game once" thing either. What if a person plays the game at a friend's house then buys the game? Then they have to watch cutscenes they already saw. What if their save data is lost for whatever reason? Now you have to watch these scenes.

I'm not sure why people defend unskippable cutscenes. Having the benefit to watch or skip it is for everyone. Like...why exclude people on an issue like this? smh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D809OzU42Wo
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.
  • Topic Archived