You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.

User Info: BrandonHennig

BrandonHennig
1 week ago#11
SSJ_Jin posted...
PyroBlondie3 posted...
Who cares about your whiny ass.

Well lightningxiii-2, ClaireSpirit, LeonSoul do, they're always sucking me off. There's a couple of others like them, but they're the best. I feel like you'll be pretty good too, don't ask me why though.

I'm 100% sure PyroBlondie IS lightning dude. It should be treated as such (ie, ignored).
Favorite games---Silent Hill 2, Biohazard 2 & 3, and--
I prefer this stuff. Makes for more immersion. A too clearly defined line between gameplay and story can be jarring.

BrandonHennig
1 week ago#13
BIack_Dynamite posted...
I prefer this stuff. Makes for more immersion. A too clearly defined line between gameplay and story can be jarring.

One or two aren't bad but they do get annoying when you just wanna play the damn game. Game's are meant to be played, not watched after all...

User Info: WakuWakuSeven

WakuWakuSeven
1 week ago#14
It's honestly my only real problem with the game, I hope those sequences are limited.

In Claire's "walking and talking" sequence from her demo, if you just run to the ladder it skips the whole thing. Maybe it's the same with Leon? So if you just run to Kendo's Gunshop door, it'll just fast forward to Ada unlocking it.
http://youtu.be/U753NYo32Ww

User Info: GanglyKhan

GanglyKhan
1 week ago#15
I wouldn't call it garbage just because of that, but it definitely is a letdown for consecutive replays
Now Playing: Persona 3:FES, Morrowind
SFV: Ed | Kolin SCVI: Groh | Taki
BrandonHennig posted...
BIack_Dynamite posted...

One or two aren't bad but they do get annoying when you just wanna play the damn game. Game's are meant to be played, not watched after all...

I see your point but...I am still playing the game. I get immersed in those moments because it doesn’t cut away it just plays seamlessly. I don’t need to be constantly shooting or solving puzzles to be “playing”.

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
1 week ago#17
BrandonHennig posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
PyroBlondie3 posted...

Well lightningxiii-2, ClaireSpirit, LeonSoul do, they're always sucking me off. There's a couple of others like them, but they're the best. I feel like you'll be pretty good too, don't ask me why though.

I'm 100% sure PyroBlondie IS lightning dude. It should be treated as such (ie, ignored).

They're all the same clown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D809OzU42Wo

BrandonHennig
1 week ago#18
BIack_Dynamite posted...
BrandonHennig posted...
BIack_Dynamite posted...

I see your point but...I am still playing the game. I get immersed in those moments because it doesn’t cut away it just plays seamlessly. I don’t need to be constantly shooting or solving puzzles to be “playing”.

Well as somebody who enjoys exploring the world in games and soaking up the atmosphere more than "combat and action" I agree but there's a limit to forced walking sections for most people. They become very aggravating when they are more than twenty seconds.
BIack_Dynamite posted...
BrandonHennig posted...
BIack_Dynamite posted...

It's about replaying though. Do you want to replay those boring sections over and over?

User Info: ClaireSpirit

ClaireSpirit
1 week ago#20
SSJ_Jin posted...
PyroBlondie3 posted...

Speaking ill of Lightning when they obviously have left here along with LeonSoul who I have never met!

I don't degrade myself by doing sexual things to myself or others!

Try harder next time!
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.