1 week ago #7
    Those "walking and talking, while the game controls your movement speed" story sequences have to be one of the things I dislike the most about modern game design. I love speedrunning REmake and RE 0 mainly because everything story related is skippable, and you can just focus on the gameplay. To be fair, I do understand that a lot of games are loading during these sequences, but it would be nice to have an option to make them skippable and have a loading screen instead. At least with loading screens you don't have to slowly follow anyone around, and can just focus on something else while it loads. I definitely don't find most 8th gen games very replayable because of this; Bloodborne is the only one that I've played over five times, and that's because every cutscene is skippable, and there aren't any walking sections.

Then again TC, people like you and me that replay games are probably considered a niche group these days, and you have to realize that the average gamer only plays games once and then moves on to something else. Hell, trophy data shows that most people don't even finish the games that they buy. I can see why devs stopped making games that are centered around replay value, even if I don't agree with it. I think as far as RE 2 goes, the best we can hope for, is that there aren't that many story sequences like that "follow Ada" one.
    "May the lord smile and the Devil have mercy."