You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
1 week ago#1
I hope you can skip these or just run to the next point so you don't have to "Follow Ada" as she casually walks there and you gotta listen to the conversation. I can't believe unskippable cutscenes made a return to gaming. It's actually bs. Speedrun friendly my ass. lol Better be skippable.

I dunno why people accept this. Resident Evil 7, God of War, Spider-Man, etc. Will definitely kill replayability for me.

</end rant>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D809OzU42Wo
(message deleted)

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
1 week ago#3
Unskippable cutscenes are stupid, but that's faaaar from being one of the main issues with this game what with it being yet another rehash of the atrocious RE4 BS with the s***ty RE7 engine that results in Golum looking characters.

User Info: PyroBlondie3

PyroBlondie3
1 week ago#4
Suspiria posted...
Unskippable cutscenes are stupid, but that's faaaar from being one of the main issues with this game what with it being yet another rehash of the atrocious RE4 BS with the s***ty RE7 engine that results in Golum looking characters.

But you’ll still buy it, play it and enjoy it, right?

User Info: markm316

markm316
1 week ago#5
I also think Unskippable Cut Scenes should be a thing of the past. If the goal of the industry is to constantly 'modernize' gaming then UCS should be left out.

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
1 week ago#6
PyroBlondie3 posted...
Suspiria posted...

But you’ll still buy it, play it and enjoy it, right?

No. There's no need to. If you've played the Revelations games, that's all this gonna be except with s***tier character models and RE2 skin.
Those "walking and talking, while the game controls your movement speed" story sequences have to be one of the things I dislike the most about modern game design. I love speedrunning REmake and RE 0 mainly because everything story related is skippable, and you can just focus on the gameplay. To be fair, I do understand that a lot of games are loading during these sequences, but it would be nice to have an option to make them skippable and have a loading screen instead. At least with loading screens you don't have to slowly follow anyone around, and can just focus on something else while it loads. I definitely don't find most 8th gen games very replayable because of this; Bloodborne is the only one that I've played over five times, and that's because every cutscene is skippable, and there aren't any walking sections.

Then again TC, people like you and me that replay games are probably considered a niche group these days, and you have to realize that the average gamer only plays games once and then moves on to something else. Hell, trophy data shows that most people don't even finish the games that they buy. I can see why devs stopped making games that are centered around replay value, even if I don't agree with it. I think as far as RE 2 goes, the best we can hope for, is that there aren't that many story sequences like that "follow Ada" one.
"May the lord smile and the Devil have mercy."
SSJ_Jin posted...
I hope you can skip these or just run to the next point so you don't have to "Follow Ada" as she casually walks there and you gotta listen to the conversation. I can't believe unskippable cutscenes made a return to gaming. It's actually bs. Speedrun friendly my ass. lol Better be skippable.

I dunno why people accept this. Resident Evil 7, God of War, Spider-Man, etc. Will definitely kill replayability for me.

</end rant>

Lol.
Life is an S.T.D with a 100% Mortality rate. Guns and Coffee!

User Info: BrandonHennig

BrandonHennig
1 week ago#9
Suspiria posted...

While I agree with your sentiments, you'd be better off calling it "atrocious over the shoulder BS" than RE4 BS since this does seem to be a proper survival horror title and not mindless action schlock.

Personally although I despise OTS for taking over gaming like a virus I'm more pissed off about them changing character appearances and retconning character motivations and action than it being OTS. Ruins the whole point of remaking it to me. Yeah yeah "reimagining" whatever...to me that's an excuse to just make any arbitrary change without any real thought put into how it effects continuity with the game this is supposed to be a sequel to (Ada).
Favorite games---Silent Hill 2, Biohazard 2 & 3, and--
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Looks like unskippable cutscenes are in this...garbage.