• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Not sure how I feel about Mr. X CONSTANTLY chasing you.
(message deleted)

User Info: BeastKingQueen

BeastKingQueen
3 months ago#82
Morpheus102686 posted...
jstoru216 posted...
Morpheus102686 posted...
JMartin1983 posted...
RE3 is the only one that did it right. Dispensing your resources got you more stuff, there's an actual purpose to fighting Nemesis off although it might hurt you later in certain sections.

It's completely optional but it's rewarding to get a new handgun that can randomly take heads off and shoots slightly faster. You also get a lever action shotgun and some first aid sprays followed by a select fire rifle. All good reasons to take him down if you're looking to increase your firearms selection or in need of more first aid sprays.

RE7's jack had no other purpose then to create tension and that only lasts so long. You fight him off? Well you get a "break" and I guess that's it's own reward but it's a pretty boring one, especially considering that you use up resources to do this.

Players like being rewarded with extra items when doing optional things, this has always been a thing.

I respectfully disagree. You should not have any more incentive to take down your powerful stalker enemy other than some reprieve of a short duration of not being stalked and it should take up alot of your resources.

Nah, there HAS to be a reward to be balanced.

Risk vs Reward works like that you know.

WHY waste your ammo for nothing? Or just to progress the game? The enemies are already bullet sponges as it is, so fighting most of them is the dumb thing to do. The weapons parts Nemesis gives are the reward. "I may be able to take him....but why should I?" goes to "I may be able to take him....LET'S GO"

You don't have to waste your ammo for nothing if you can dodge, run, or hide from your stalker depending on the game. As it should be in a survival horror game. If you decide to take them on, your reward should be a period of time of not having them breathe down your neck as Crimson said. This is a survival horror and not an action game. No weapon parts and no ammo drops should be given.

It's still definitely an action game.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else/73879821
https://gbatemp.net/threads/interested-in-translating-metal-max-3.404823/

User Info: Morpheus102686

Morpheus102686
3 months ago#83
BeastKingQueen posted...
Morpheus102686 posted...
jstoru216 posted...
Morpheus102686 posted...
JMartin1983 posted...
RE3 is the only one that did it right. Dispensing your resources got you more stuff, there's an actual purpose to fighting Nemesis off although it might hurt you later in certain sections.

It's completely optional but it's rewarding to get a new handgun that can randomly take heads off and shoots slightly faster. You also get a lever action shotgun and some first aid sprays followed by a select fire rifle. All good reasons to take him down if you're looking to increase your firearms selection or in need of more first aid sprays.

RE7's jack had no other purpose then to create tension and that only lasts so long. You fight him off? Well you get a "break" and I guess that's it's own reward but it's a pretty boring one, especially considering that you use up resources to do this.

Players like being rewarded with extra items when doing optional things, this has always been a thing.

I respectfully disagree. You should not have any more incentive to take down your powerful stalker enemy other than some reprieve of a short duration of not being stalked and it should take up alot of your resources.

Nah, there HAS to be a reward to be balanced.

Risk vs Reward works like that you know.

WHY waste your ammo for nothing? Or just to progress the game? The enemies are already bullet sponges as it is, so fighting most of them is the dumb thing to do. The weapons parts Nemesis gives are the reward. "I may be able to take him....but why should I?" goes to "I may be able to take him....LET'S GO"

You don't have to waste your ammo for nothing if you can dodge, run, or hide from your stalker depending on the game. As it should be in a survival horror game. If you decide to take them on, your reward should be a period of time of not having them breathe down your neck as Crimson said. This is a survival horror and not an action game. No weapon parts and no ammo drops should be given.

Other than OTS, what makes REmake 2 an action game comparable to 4-6? I don’t see ammo drops, OP melee attacks, currency, or a shop system.
New York Yankees

User Info: Morpheus102686

Morpheus102686
3 months ago#84
BeastKingQueen posted...

Other than OTS, what makes REmake 2 an action game comparable to 4-6? I don’t see any ammo drops, OP melee attacks, currency, or a shop system.
New York Yankees

User Info: Minatokun13

Minatokun13
3 months ago#85
Yeah, I'm waiting until after release to decide if I'm getting this game or not precisely for that reason. I'm not a fan of stalker type enemies, especially since it looks like he takes quite a bit of punishment, as do the regular enemies, so that could really mess up your ammo stores. I love horror, but horror *games* in particular kind of stress me out, and the more I stress the worse I play, so I really need more info on exactly what he's like and exactly what the differences between difficulty modes is. I usually play horror games on Easy mode because a) like I said, I play worse under stress and stuff like this stresses me out and b) I also have chronic wrist problems which make extended computer or gaming console use quite painful, so the longer a game takes me to complete for whatever reason, the more pain I'm in.

User Info: TheMbadi

TheMbadi
3 months ago#86
I have a question: Why is he even chasing after Claire THAT much? Isn't Mr.X supposed to retrieve the G-Virus sample? That's why, in the original game, he often appeared in locations close to a certain character (trying not to spoil anything). So does that mean that Claire gets the sample now? Because otherwise it would be kinda stupid if the unstoppable Tyrant is getting detracted from his primary objective by chasing some random woman around the RPD.

User Info: BrandonHennig

BrandonHennig
3 months ago#87
TheMbadi posted...
I have a question: Why is he even chasing after Claire THAT much? Isn't Mr.X supposed to retrieve the G-Virus sample? That's why, in the original game, he often appeared in locations close to a certain character (trying not to spoil anything). So does that mean that Claire gets the sample now? Because otherwise it would be kinda stupid if the unstoppable Tyrant is getting detracted from his primary objective by chasing some random woman around the RPD.

Well we've seen footage of him chasing Leon, Claire and even Ada, so who knows how they're doing this.
Favorite games---Silent Hill 2, Biohazard 2 & 3, and--

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
3 months ago#88
TheMbadi posted...

I assume he starts pursuing her after she gets Sherry's locket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJiCgrhKOU0

User Info: Ada-Wong-Fan

Ada-Wong-Fan
3 months ago#89
Mr X liking had 2 Classified Missions (Primary Mission: Get G Virus Viral and Secondary Mission: Killed All Survivors such as Claire Leon Ada Sherry)
Without Stella = 29.99-39.99 Buy / With Stella = Full Price, Resident Evil Series R.I.P. 1996-2002 thanks to False 4-6 False Revelations 1-2.

User Info: TheMbadi

TheMbadi
3 months ago#90
CODEumb87 posted...
I assume he starts pursuing her after she gets Sherry's locket.

Oh, so she does get the locket? Sorry, I didn't know that. Well, I guess Tyrant following her makes sense then.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Not sure how I feel about Mr. X CONSTANTLY chasing you.
  • Topic Archived