• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Not sure how I feel about Mr. X CONSTANTLY chasing you.

User Info: Squall_L

Squall_L
4 months ago#71
Shad0wg00n posted...
It's just one segment of the game I'm sure. It's not like it's going to be like that the entire game, it's just what the press was given.

The important thing is whether he can enter save rooms. That shouldn't be possible, hopefully.

Based on what the footage showned so far he work exactly like Jack and Marguerite Baker in RE7 he appear during a point where you will have to solve or gain some item to procede to the next area,exactly like those 2 you will have to make Mr X lose tracks of you,being aware though that he wont vanish he will patrol the police department searching for you,giving a strong sense of anxiety knowing that you might end up cross with him while searching or doing a puzzle,and also knowing that if you shoot some zombies the sounds of shoots will attract his attention to where you are if he is close enough to hear them,Mr X will probably stay around the department until you dont get done whatever you need to do to unlock the next area to procede in the story,until then going around will be a nightmare.

About the saveroom instead,based on what they show the rooms works as a full aggro reset for both zombies and i think him as well,if you enter inside it will be as if the monster will have completely lost track of you,so you wont find zombies banging at the door to enter or the Tyrant opening it out of nowhere,so enter one if Mr X is chasing you might help you send him away,as long you give him time to take some distance from it before you go out again,or you risk to bump into him as you cross the corner xD

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
4 months ago#72
MMX377 posted...
lowlifeboy posted...
i think the real question is why does he open the door instead of just breaking it down?

Good question. He must be a gentleman who opens the door politely.

It's why they give him the hat.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: Shad0wg00n

Shad0wg00n
4 months ago#73
Squall_L posted...
Shad0wg00n posted...
It's just one segment of the game I'm sure. It's not like it's going to be like that the entire game, it's just what the press was given.

The important thing is whether he can enter save rooms. That shouldn't be possible, hopefully.

Based on what the footage showned so far he work exactly like Jack and Marguerite Baker in RE7 he appear during a point where you will have to solve or gain some item to procede to the next area,exactly like those 2 you will have to make Mr X lose tracks of you,being aware though that he wont vanish he will patrol the police department searching for you,giving a strong sense of anxiety knowing that you might end up cross with him while searching or doing a puzzle,and also knowing that if you shoot some zombies the sounds of shoots will attract his attention to where you are if he is close enough to hear them,Mr X will probably stay around the department until you dont get done whatever you need to do to unlock the next area to procede in the story,until then going around will be a nightmare.

About the saveroom instead,based on what they show the rooms works as a full aggro reset for both zombies and i think him as well,if you enter inside it will be as if the monster will have completely lost track of you,so you wont find zombies banging at the door to enter or the Tyrant opening it out of nowhere,so enter one if Mr X is chasing you might help you send him away,as long you give him time to take some distance from it before you go out again,or you risk to bump into him as you cross the corner xD

Well said, it'll be a challenge for the segment of the game where he's active. That said, I don't think people have to worry too much about him being around too much.

The save room works as it should, good!
Dark Aether.

User Info: Ada-Wong-Fan

Ada-Wong-Fan
4 months ago#74
I really hope Capcom Double-Triple Fights with Mr X unlike Original's 8 Fights.
Without Stella = 29.99-39.99 Buy / With Stella = Full Price, Resident Evil Series R.I.P. 1996-2002 thanks to False 4-6 False Revelations 1-2.

User Info: TimeForAction

TimeForAction
4 months ago#75
He seems more aggressive and quicker than the original which makes him harder. In the original he was just a distraction but he has the ability to really piss us off

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
4 months ago#76
Goingghost88 posted...
Granted I guess that’s what he’s meant to do, but I’m just not a fan segments where you’re constantly being chased. The beginning of resident evil 7 was my least favorite part because of Jack Baker for that reason. So I’m kinda hoping there’s a way to knock him out for longer than a few seconds.

Not gonna lie though, those footsteps in the distance are soooo menacing lol.

Same. I didn't mind it being in the second scenario for both characters in the original, being in the main scenarios seems stupid. IF they remake nemesis it's gonna be basically the same thing in the same police station for a while smh. This is why they should've kept the damn scenarios.
I tried Red Dead Redemption... very impressed. Great game for men.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
4 months ago#77
lowlifeboy posted...
i think the real question is why does he open the door instead of just breaking it down?

I imagine the doors still act as dividers for certain ares, so that's why they didn't want them knocked down. Also possibly to isolate some enemies like Lickers and keep them from leaving an area.

User Info: Enigma8th

Enigma8th
4 months ago#78
muccmasterx posted...
What the hell are you talking about? It's the exact same thing.

wether it's the same or not in this remake is yet to be seen. it doesn't change that the concept design of a chaser enemy is completely different from original Mr.X and nemesis, if that's really what they're going for then rewards for defeating him would be out of place
There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.

User Info: BrandonHennig

BrandonHennig
4 months ago#79
Tixus posted...
On one hand, I'll miss those scripted appearances with the organ fanfare that used to make my heart skip a beat. Not saying they're necessarily gone, but I imagine there'll be fewer of them since he constantly follows you--it might just be the intro to 'Mr. X sections' of the game, where he does that.

On the other hand, there may be times where he loses you, or times where he doesn't pursue you. You go into a room and pick up (story progression item), and shortly afterwards you hear *stomp stomp stomp*. Maybe he doesn't come into the room you're in...but you know he's around.

The deluxe edition has the original soundtrack so Mr X's theme will be available if you turn on the classic soundtrack.
Favorite games---Silent Hill 2, Biohazard 2 & 3, and--

User Info: BeastKingQueen

BeastKingQueen
4 months ago#80
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
JMartin1983 posted...
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
Demo players just haven't done it yet.

Or he can't be downed in the demo for "scare" purposes but yeah very unlikely he can't be taken down at all.

That's a possibility too. Either way I think saying he's unkillable is a bit of a stretch.

He is unkillable before his boss fight but there should be an option to knock him out for a duration of the police station exploration or at least for much longer than a few seconds. It's annoying as hell if you can't stop him at the precint.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else/73879821
https://gbatemp.net/threads/interested-in-translating-metal-max-3.404823/
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Not sure how I feel about Mr. X CONSTANTLY chasing you.
  • Topic Archived