• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Not sure how I feel about Mr. X CONSTANTLY chasing you.

User Info: Goingghost88

Goingghost88
3 months ago#1
Granted I guess that’s what he’s meant to do, but I’m just not a fan segments where you’re constantly being chased. The beginning of resident evil 7 was my least favorite part because of Jack Baker for that reason. So I’m kinda hoping there’s a way to knock him out for longer than a few seconds.

Not gonna lie though, those footsteps in the distance are soooo menacing lol.

User Info: PyroBlondie3

PyroBlondie3
3 months ago#2
Goingghost88 posted...
I’m just not a fan segments where you’re constantly being chased

You literally can kill him in ORC with ease. So I guess it’s the same here.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
3 months ago#3
The beginning sections with Jack in 7 were the best parts. The constant stalking is more than welcomed imo. Loved it in Alien Isolation as it made me think twice before firing my weapon in case I was heard, that’s pure survival-horror right there.

User Info: soulofninjasoul

soulofninjasoul
3 months ago#4
CODEumb87 posted...
The beginning sections with Jack in 7 were the best parts. The constant stalking is more than welcomed imo. Loved it in Alien Isolation as it made me think twice before firing my weapon in case I was heard, that’s pure survival-horror right there.

Goingghost88 posted...
Granted I guess that’s what he’s meant to do, but I’m just not a fan segments where you’re constantly being chased. The beginning of resident evil 7 was my least favorite part because of Jack Baker for that reason. So I’m kinda hoping there’s a way to knock him out for longer than a few seconds.

Not gonna lie though, those footsteps in the distance are soooo menacing lol.

Dude. Jack chasing you literally made it horror.
Life is an S.T.D with a 100% Mortality rate. Guns and Coffee!

User Info: edward18

edward18
3 months ago#5
Personally I usually haven't cared for stalker enemies. Nemesis for instance became more annoying to me as it went on than horror.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Goingghost88

Goingghost88
3 months ago#6
edward18 posted...
Personally I usually haven't cared for stalker enemies. Nemesis for instance became more annoying to me as it went on than horror.

Nemesis didn’t bother me too much cause there were ways you could get away from him or drop him until his next scripted moment.

User Info: JMartin1983

JMartin1983
3 months ago#7
RE3 is the only one that did it right. Dispensing your resources got you more stuff, there's an actual purpose to fighting Nemesis off although it might hurt you later in certain sections.

It's completely optional but it's rewarding to get a new handgun that can randomly take heads off and shoots slightly faster. You also get a lever action shotgun and some first aid sprays followed by a select fire rifle. All good reasons to take him down if you're looking to increase your firearms selection or in need of more first aid sprays.

RE7's jack had no other purpose then to create tension and that only lasts so long. You fight him off? Well you get a "break" and I guess that's it's own reward but it's a pretty boring one, especially considering that you use up resources to do this.

Players like being rewarded with extra items when doing optional things, this has always been a thing.
Take comfort in knowing you never had a choice.
-Vincent

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
3 months ago#8
PyroBlondie3 posted...
Goingghost88 posted...
I’m just not a fan segments where you’re constantly being chased

You literally can kill him in ORC with ease. So I guess it’s the same here.

And what exactly that has to do with Resident Evil? ORC is an abomination that Capcom purposely ignore due to how bad it was. Hell, it was so bad that they didn't bothered to develop it and gave it on another developer. ORC is only good when someone is out of a toilet paper.

User Info: ReceiverxWisdom

ReceiverxWisdom
3 months ago#9
We gotta see what happens. We haven't seen if he's truly unkillable or not because there's not a video where someone defeated him yet. Usually those claims are BS, he probably goes down. Demo players just haven't done it yet.
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | Toxic disgrace on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
PSN: LatinChris_9990 | Steam: Ren Operative

User Info: Morpheus102686

Morpheus102686
3 months ago#10
JMartin1983 posted...
RE3 is the only one that did it right. Dispensing your resources got you more stuff, there's an actual purpose to fighting Nemesis off although it might hurt you later in certain sections.

It's completely optional but it's rewarding to get a new handgun that can randomly take heads off and shoots slightly faster. You also get a lever action shotgun and some first aid sprays followed by a select fire rifle. All good reasons to take him down if you're looking to increase your firearms selection or in need of more first aid sprays.

RE7's jack had no other purpose then to create tension and that only lasts so long. You fight him off? Well you get a "break" and I guess that's it's own reward but it's a pretty boring one, especially considering that you use up resources to do this.

Players like being rewarded with extra items when doing optional things, this has always been a thing.

I respectfully disagree. You should not have any more incentive to take down your powerful stalker enemy other than some reprieve of a short duration of not being stalked and it should take up alot of your resources.
New York Yankees
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Not sure how I feel about Mr. X CONSTANTLY chasing you.
  • Topic Archived