• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Please explain RE2 to me?

User Info: HaleyT

HaleyT
1 month ago#51
You should go back and try RE1 on PS4. There is a new control scheme and you might enjoy it now.

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
1 month ago#52
@Retro_Gamer_80s posted...
I didn't become a fan of RE until RE4, the first one I played on Gamecube years back. I bought it again on 360, then again on PS4. RE5 was... ok. RE6 I actually liked, the setting/location any way. Revelations wasn't too bad, either. RE7 was first person as you know and I liked that even more than RE4. It was way scarier to me, I even beat the game via the VR version. I tried the RE1 original with the tank controls.. didn't like it. For its time I bet it was a hoot, but I didn't like it. Then there was RE on N64, which I didn't try back then but would if I saw it to buy in a retro game store today.

Anyway, with my background in the game aside... why does RE2 look like RE4 with over-the-shoulder aiming? Is this how it was with the original RE2 years back? Or is this something new they did with the game? If I like RE4, 6 and 7 would I like RE2? Will RE2 have co op online or just an a.i. tag-along character?

This is a remake, not a remaster or HD. Thanks to the fan-made game developer and his dev team (I forgot his name), RE2: RE is what the impossible can be achieved for Capcom's RE. The fan-made dev team created a RE2 game as a RE4 style. Replaced some classic mechanic with a RE4 style, but it's for a horror survival. not a horror action. Capcom were learned about that and ceased and desisted them, but somehow they invited them and made an agreement with them because they can make the remake RE2 happened. The fan-made developer and the dev team were moved on with another new project while Capcom's RE were willing to develop RE2:RE.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Please explain RE2 to me?
  • Topic Archived