• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Funniest moments from the original RE2

User Info: Darkside_Hazuki

Darkside_Hazuki
3 months ago#31
Did anyone here actually find the plot in RE to ever be convoluted? Maybe not fully explained at times, but to say it was complex or difficult to follow? No way.

That's more of a Rev1 and Rev2 trait with it's poorly written plot twists, time jumping, and character motives. But everyone knows those games/spinoffs blew ass anyway so nobody with a brain will defend their storytelling...or right to exist. I guess I should mention that the Wesker children thing being introduced in the RE5 DLC was also exceptionally dumb for the series, which of course ends up playing a role in Rev2 where all bad ideas belong.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN

User Info: AmandaValentine

AmandaValentine
3 months ago#32
Morpheus102686 posted...
Kennedy in a whiny voice "Man why doesn't ANYONE ever listen to me!?!"

Leon was actually funny in Resident Evil 2 without even knowing it. He had more lines I giggled at.

Draug posted...
I got a little shocked the first time I saw Marvin turning into a zombie. But afterwards, during my endless replays, it quickly became sort of a humorous thing to witness.

Ohh God, I do hope he gets a better scene in the Remake, this was more funny than scary.

Darkside_Hazuki posted...
That's more of a Rev1 and Rev2 trait with it's poorly written plot twists, time jumping, and character motives. But everyone knows those games/spinoffs blew ass anyway so nobody with a brain will defend their storytelling...or right to exist. I guess I should mention that the Wesker children thing being introduced in the RE5 DLC was also exceptionally dumb for the series, which of course ends up playing a role in Rev2 where all bad ideas belong.

You do know that the Revelations games are part of the canon even if you don't want them to be? So it doesn't change the fact that some of the games from the franchise are convoluted in one way or another.
No, I am not related to Jill, Ivy or Faye Valentine. But I love them!

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
3 months ago#33
Wesker Children plot never bothered me and it aligns with the philosophy from the minds of the main developers since they seem to like mixing in some other Science Fiction elements from time to time.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1088-mech-anime
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

AmandaValentine
3 months ago#34
Kaliesto posted...
Wesker Children plot never bothered me and it aligns with the philosophy from the minds of the main developers since they seem to like mixing in some other Science Fiction elements from time to time.

Something that's weird is the fact that they said cloning was out of place in the Resident Evil universe and that's why cloning in RE6 was possible thanks to a virus, and not by realistic methods. This franchise is all about science when you really think about it so I just didn't understand that statement.

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
3 months ago#35
AmandaValentine posted...
Kaliesto posted...

Something that's weird is the fact that they said cloning was out of place in the Resident Evil universe and that's why cloning in RE6 was possible thanks to a virus, and not by realistic methods. This franchise is all about science when you really think about it so I just didn't understand that statement.

Long while back they stated they were capable cloning B.O.W. (Like the Hunter Alphas) and even Tyrants, so at some point they must have change their stance on that.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1088-mech-anime
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

AmandaValentine
3 months ago#36
Kaliesto posted...
Long while back they stated they were capable cloning B.O.W. (Like the Hunter Alphas) and even Tyrants, so at some point they must have change their stance on that.

They must have, I have to dig up more info if I am imagining things or if the dev actually said this about cloning in the franchise.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Funniest moments from the original RE2
  • Topic Archived