Would it be possible to add RE3 as DLC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Would it be possible to add RE3 as DLC?

User Info: benjatron1701

benjatron1701
4 weeks ago#1
You’re already going to have the streets of Raccoon City and the Police Station; Just add the Clock Tower, Hospital, and Water Treatment plant areas to the game and we’d basically have RE3 Remake. It might be a $40 DLC but I’d still buy it.

User Info: Mr_M0j0_Rising

Mr_M0j0_Rising
4 weeks ago#2
Anything is possible.

Except this.
PSN: o-MrMojoRisin-o
Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep and you weep alone

User Info: solarboy52

solarboy52
4 weeks ago#3
Is it possible? Yes.
Is it a good idea in any way, shape, or form? NO
I'm not insane, I've just traveled so deep into insanity, that I came out on the other side into sanity

User Info: Rami_

Rami_
4 weeks ago#4
Why limit something to a DLC when they could expand and add so much more onto it on it's own? I do not get it.
The Official Osiris of the Injustice 2 boards.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
4 weeks ago#5
Very possible. If they threw a big character like Chris into an expansion DLC for RE7 then what's stopping them from doing the same with Jill for the remake?

User Info: Lord-Greyjoy

Lord-Greyjoy
4 weeks ago#6
Only people who have never played RE3 think this stupid s***.

User Info: TheMbadi

TheMbadi
4 weeks ago#7
Why should Capcom make a $40,- DLC, when they could just expand on the game to make it worth the full price? Hell, they could even add another $200,- collectors box.

Besides, Capcom would have to add way more than just a few locations.
They would have to make new enemy models, since there are no Hunters, Drain Demos, Grave Diggers and Worms in RE2 and even normal zombies behave quite differently. They'd also have to make new character models for Jill, NIcholai, Mikhail, Carlos and even all the unimportant side characters like Dario and Brad (unless they scrap those, which would already be stupid). With how realistic the faces look now, they would have to hire new face models and maybe even new voice actors.
The soundtrack would also need to be remade.

So why should they reduce RE3make to a mere RE2make DLC? It just doesn't seem logical to me. This isn't like the Crhis Redfield DLC in RE7, were Capcom already had the enemy/character models and the voice actors.

And besides, how stupid would it be to make a main, numbered entry of a series as DLC for another numbered entry?

"The Resident Evil 3 Remake DLC for the Resident Evil 2 Remake!"
It wouldn't even sound good.

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
4 weeks ago#8
Lord-Greyjoy posted...
Only people who have never played RE3 think this stupid s***.

I have played it. It was my second RE game. I still think the same. Not the ENTIRE game. But parts of it.
Zelda is a freaking NINJA!!

User Info: Metroidimplant

Metroidimplant
4 weeks ago#9
The only thing I could see them adding related to 3 is, a non canon mode called Nemesis mode, where Nemesis chases Leon and Claire though a certain amount of the game. You can kill him but he'll just keep getting back up after atleast half an hour, and hell keep coming after you until the second last boss if the game.

User Info: benjatron1701

benjatron1701
4 weeks ago#10
Mr_M0j0_Rising posted...
Anything is possible.

Except this.

That is true. Anything is possible.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Would it be possible to add RE3 as DLC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived