• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. what exactly makes re2 better than re 3?

User Info: ccw47

ccw47
5 months ago#1
i just finished re 2 and almost finished re 3 and im leaning towards 3 being the slightly better game.
The Left's idea of "common sense" gun control. The banning of the private ownership of firearms in America.

User Info: Urgaleet

Urgaleet
5 months ago#2
I was under the impression that most preferred 3.
FC: 4012 - 6623 - 5477
FFBE: 080, 330, 309 Send a PM if you add me. ^.^

User Info: Lone_Wolf80

Lone_Wolf80
5 months ago#3
It's not, RE3 is the best of the franchise as I'm concerned. I love RE1/2/CV but RE3 is just tops.
#Enough

User Info: RoguePirate

RoguePirate
5 months ago#4
Jill's hot)

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
5 months ago#5
Urgaleet posted...
I was under the impression that most preferred 3.

RE 2 is considered the best PS1 RE game.

I think Leon A/B and Claire A/B has a lot to do with it. Felt like a more complete experience.
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
5 months ago#6
Four scenarios.
No Nemesis makes the game less of a chore to play.
No Water Sample Puzzle.
No Grave Digger.
Customizeable weapons (Leon)
No Dario Rosso.
Jill's RE3 outfit is ugly as hell.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
5 months ago#7
I always felt that nemesis and Jill’s outfit were the only reason people preferred 3 than 2. To me, 2 has a better soundtrack, atmosphere, and it is just fun to play. I’ve played 3 very recently and I didn’t find the game enjoyable.

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
5 months ago#8
Well for me RE2 is better than 3 because of the replayability and the story being more fleshed out in terms of the deeper RE lore into Umbrella's working and what caused the Raccoon City incident, while RE3 felt oddly less appealing in terms of story scope but 3's villain was awesome and the game's own scope was big in gameplay. Though atmosphere and music was kinda lacking.

Also RE2 had more memorable characters, many of whom go on to be RE icons like Leon, Claire, Ada, Sherry. This was simillar to RE1 which had Chris, Jill, Barry, Rabecca and Wesker. RE3 only had Jill who was a returning character.
Zelda is a freaking NINJA!!

User Info: DominiqueT

DominiqueT
5 months ago#9
Rizeroth posted...
Well for me RE2 is better than 3 because of the replayability and the story being more fleshed out in terms of the deeper RE lore into Umbrella's working and what caused the Raccoon City incident, while RE3 felt oddly less appealing in terms of story scope but 3's villain was awesome and the game's own scope was big.

Also RE2 had more memorable characters, many of whom go on to be RE icons like Leon, Claire, Ada, Sherry. This was simillar to RE1 which had Chris, Jill, Barry, Rabecca and Wesker. RE3 only had Jill who was a returning character.

It doesnt get more memorable than

Nocholai
Mikael
Carlos
Nemesis
Nep for sale https://imgur.com/a/zIM8S
Hatsuno Meiko for sale https://imgur.com/a/puisP

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
5 months ago#10
RE3 is a great game but felt like a disappointment coming off of RE2. Both games were the same price and RE3 had less then half the content of RE2. I also prefer 2’s story to 3’s, plus I enjoyed The 4th Survivor and Extreme Battle Mode more then Mercenaries. I also prefer the silent overbearing Mr. X to Nemesis, Nemesis is still great though. RE2 also went deeper into the lore with Umbrella then RE3 did, showing how the outbreak started and so on.
"Death reveals to man what he really is."
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. what exactly makes re2 better than re 3?
  • Topic Archived