• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Omega Labyrinth
  3. Game questions and tips from Enjoying this game thread

User Info: Poporropo

Poporropo
4 years ago#1
These are most of the questions found on the “Enjoying this game” thread that basically turned into a help thread :).Thanks to all the good people that have help us the ones that do not know japanesse.

Gogo7188
In the store, there's a tab that looks like a key. What are those for?
The key is for buying the gallery pictures you unlock during the game. Once you've experienced a scene they appear here to buy.

What are those microphones you pick up in game?
When you use the mike, on that floor of the dungeon only your attacks will never miss.

What's the deal with the green pool?
Dropping unwanted items into the green square pools gives you omega power, I think equal to the amount you'd get from selling them at the shop.

About the AI Behavior
Top to bottom they are:
Independent- attacks nearest enemy, uses skills (at bad times usually)
Support- supports player without attacking
Don't use skill- attacks but doesn't use skill
Follow- follows player without attacking
Stay- doesn't move

Bomber81288
Return to the main menu
So, the REAL way to return to the main menu(not the one in the audio menu) when your in the town selection screen (where you select dungeon, shop, etcetc) if you hit X on that screen it gives you a pop up box that will take you back to the menu.

Some tips to help:
Always keep bread, after you progress through the tutorial dungeons (you'll know when cause it jumps from 6 to 15ish) you can identify in the field for 50 omega power with the second to last option on an item and it'll identify all items that share a name in your inventory.
When you hold triangle, the option to the right let's you fuse items. 2 items of the same name (+ and - don't matter) will raise the power or def/mdef by 1. You can fuse other items for skills.
Hit X twice instantly opens your bag
Always use your drops/incense before a dungeon
When you go up a cup size you restore 1 use of each special skill (gotten from level 3 of each drop with an increase of use every 3 levels or so)
Be careful of cursed gear.

More about the green pools:
So on the green pools/selling items, the OP points you get are equal to your stars. The item itself doesn't matter. Every star is 5 points. If you have a 2* 10, 4*20 etc. If it's gear the + - adds to it. 4*+1 is 21, 4*-1 is 19 etc.

Animeloverzz
How to save?
The game uses auto save and if you have patched the game you can see when the game is saving on the upper right of the screen IIRC(it's been a while since I played the game lol).

What does the R button does in dungeons?
The R button is a shorcut to use your skills and items. It's divided into several tabs depending on the item types. The last tab is to throw items so be careful not to use the wrong tab when using books or staves.

Charynn
About books:
There are tons of books you pick up in this game. If you go to use one and it says yes or no, don't use it. This book is like a town portal and you lose all your loot from the run. I made the mistake I was on last floor and got this book and said yes. Poof magic all items go bye-bye.

Sakugen
More about books:
There's actually 2 books that let you exit the dungeon while keeping your stuff.
The retreat book (3*) lets you bring back your current OP and equipped items.
The escape book (7*) lets you bring back your current OP, equipped items, and all of the stuff in your bag.

How to setup AI behavior?
In their status/equipment window. The thing on the bottom that says "tactics."
You say sailors, but you don't mean just any sailor, do you?

User Info: Poporropo

Poporropo
4 years ago#2
Sakugen
How to use skills?
From the R menu. While in a dungeon, hold R and it should be the leftmost list, IIRC.

How the mini game to level up stats work?
To start, you need incense items. The pink candle-lookin' things that come in 4 colors, 3 sizes. The heart-shaped ones (the one you use through the R menu) are optional.

Once you begin, start tapping to find where the hearts appear slightly bigger than usual. Tap that spot around 5 times. Tap or rub the extra outline heart that shows up somewhere. Repeat a few more times.

When you get to the next phase (music changes and your taps start zooming in), just hit wherever. If you have any of the character-specific items, you can use them now to uh...change the picture a bit. After that, you can spam even more of that item to slightly increase the exp that you receive.

If you choose to use the incense but skip the touching part entirely, you'll receive the minimum amount of exp possible for the size.

How to get items surrounded by water?

Magnet books. It pulls all items in the room towards you.

About weapons:
Different weapon types have different accuracy/critical values. It sometimes says so in the description, but their exact value isn't listed anywhere.

-Swords, longswords, greatswords, sabers, gem blades, rods, cat paws seem to have a pretty basic value.
-Katanas (and fans?) have higher accuracy and crit.
-Scythes, lances, spears feel like they have slightly lower accuracy than normal.
-Hammers and axes have the lowest accuracy, of course. They might be okay if you like using mics.

About skull traps or traps that make the screen bleeps red?
The skull trap was the one that curses a piece of your equipment. It makes it so that you can't remove it if you have it equipped, and it can't be combined with anything else. You can fix it with a Purification Book. Judging from the logs, the alarm trap wakes up every sleeping enemy on the current floor.

Suspend in a dungeon:
While in a dungeon, the second tab in the start menu, the option on the left. You'll quit to the title screen and you can pick up where you left off by loading your save. But try not to use the Give Up option on the right.

How do you kill the flying sheeps?
Throw projectiles or unwanted equipment at em (most common way), use weapons with the enchant that increases damage against them, corner them with your partner and walk back and forth, or use skills/staffs that ignore defense, like Aina's Omega Impact or magic wands or something.

How deep dungeons will go? (As in number of floors)
The last main story dungeon goes to 50. There's 2 challenge dungeons that go to 99.

UltimateShadow2:
Is there is something that prevents item lost?
There's fairy potions: fall and revive; fall and return home with your equipment and all your items.

If I missed something or someone that helped, please forgive me as I just went through the thread quickly.
You say sailors, but you don't mean just any sailor, do you?
(message deleted)

User Info: UltimaCrystal

UltimaCrystal
4 years ago#4
Thank you for posting this, really helpful! One other question, is there a wiki for this game? I saw another post on this board mention a wiki for this game but I cannot find one, thank you
PSN:Watching: Valvrave the Liberator.
Currently playing: Legend of Heroes TiS, Ni no Kuni, Persona 4 Golden, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.

User Info: CO Mel

CO Mel
4 years ago#5
UltimaCrystal posted...
Thank you for posting this, really helpful! One other question, is there a wiki for this game? I saw another post on this board mention a wiki for this game but I cannot find one, thank you

Meep.

http:// omegalabyrinth.wiki.fc2.com/
"But enough talk... have at you!"

User Info: UltimaCrystal

UltimaCrystal
4 years ago#6
CO Mel posted...
UltimaCrystal posted...

Meep.

Awesome thank you! Man how do you get anywhere in this type of game when you restart at level 1 each time you enter the dungeon x.x. Maybe I am not cut out for these type of games
PSN:Watching: Valvrave the Liberator.
Currently playing: Legend of Heroes TiS, Ni no Kuni, Persona 4 Golden, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.

User Info: CO Mel

CO Mel
4 years ago#7
UltimaCrystal posted...
CO Mel posted...
UltimaCrystal posted...

Meep.

Awesome thank you! Man how do you get anywhere in this type of game when you restart at level 1 each time you enter the dungeon x.x. Maybe I am not cut out for these type of games

Masochism.
"But enough talk... have at you!"

User Info: Neoshine

Neoshine
4 years ago#8
You get better weapons and armor and constantly upgrade. Level 1 isn't as bad as it seems in this.
Check out my stream at twitch.tv/Neoshine.
3DS FC - 2621-2934-1862 PSN - Neoshine

User Info: EnDeR2015

EnDeR2015
4 years ago#9
what is the red guy that come in and insta kills my party sometimes, i thought at first because i didnt eat the bread enough but its not
3DS FC: 1977-1541-7403
Currently Playing: MH3U, Soul Sacrifice

User Info: Sakugen

Sakugen
4 years ago#10
EnDeR2015 posted...
what is the red guy that come in and insta kills my party sometimes, i thought at first because i didnt eat the bread enough but its not

The grim reaper? It shows up whenever you spend too much time on a floor. You'll get a few warnings in the logs before it comes around.
Hum.
  1. Boards
  2. Omega Labyrinth
  3. Game questions and tips from Enjoying this game thread
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A