• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anima: Gate of Memories
  3. Finally took the plunge.

User Info: Vivox

Vivox
2 years ago#1
Finally bought a retail disc from the UK for this game. Looking forward to finally playing it, even if the reviews suck. Technomancer got bad reviews and that wa a damn good RPG IMO.
"This is where the fun begins." -Anakin Skywalker

User Info: Shadow Reaver

Shadow Reaver
2 years ago#2
same here, i played a bit of it so far. was pretty fun but Witcher has been consuming my time
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
I Pray to No One! Nor will I be Prayed to! - Asura

User Info: Casyle

Casyle
2 years ago#3
My only complaint so far is that I really wish we could change the button layout. I don't know if I'm ever going to get comfortable with dodge being RT/R2. I keep getting hit because, while I can react in time, I keep hitting B out of habit.
Gamertag - Casyle

Vivox
2 years ago#4
Haven't played much lately, but just started playing again. Kinda reminds me of one of those 3D Castlevania action rpgs they had on PS2.

I like it, so far pretty interesting. One thing I noticed, I levelled up and allocated a bunch of points at once, saw all my attributes jump, and still do the same amount of damage?

User Info: CyanicKnight

CyanicKnight
2 years ago#5
I got a UK copy too, it also reminded of the ps2 castlevania titles a lot.

I'm stuck inside a room currently and I think I can't get out?
http://i.imgur.com/QAVt6lC.gif
https://youtu.be/zC-zPJAFfXY

Shadow Reaver
2 years ago#6
Vivox posted...
Haven't played much lately, but just started playing again. Kinda reminds me of one of those 3D Castlevania action rpgs they had on PS2.

I like it, so far pretty interesting. One thing I noticed, I levelled up and allocated a bunch of points at once, saw all my attributes jump, and still do the same amount of damage?

CyanicKnight posted...
I got a UK copy too, it also reminded of the ps2 castlevania titles a lot.

I'm stuck inside a room currently and I think I can't get out?

definitely getting the PS2 Castlevania vibe from this.
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain

Vivox
2 years ago#7
Getting close to done on my first playthrough, already gained level 20. Not a bad game at all.

User Info: CyanicKnight

CyanicKnight
2 years ago#8
Well that room was inescapable after all and I had to restart from an earlier checkpoint.

It's not a bad game but there are some minor bugs here and there that are nasty, secondly I feel like some of the bosses are cheap and require you to level grind like the 2nd boss.
http://i.imgur.com/QAVt6lC.gif
https://youtu.be/zC-zPJAFfXY

Shadow Reaver
2 years ago#9
CyanicKnight posted...
Well that room was inescapable after all and I had to restart from an earlier checkpoint.

It's not a bad game but there are some minor bugs here and there that are nasty, secondly I feel like some of the bosses are cheap and require you to level grind like the 2nd boss.

have you tried NG+ yet? some of the bosses are even worse there. The bosses are to unbalanced plus there are a few areas in NG+ that are insane.

Vivox
2 years ago#10
Tried New Game + and have been getting beat to hell on a few fights. Max level, hidden weapons. Had to take a break, but I'm gonna try it again soon.
  1. Boards
  2. Anima: Gate of Memories
  3. Finally took the plunge.
  • Topic Archived