• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anima: Gate of Memories
  3. This was all the convincing I needed to buy this game.

User Info: MasterGraiden

MasterGraiden
2 years ago#1
This part right here.

https://youtu.be/x4lA43X3Ieo?t=1m48s
"Are signatures meant to be amusing, comical, nonsensical or completely original? Oh well I can never decide."
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heivrach

User Info: NinjaTortugaX

NinjaTortugaX
2 years ago#2
wow I was just researching this game right now too....saw it on playasia and it caught my attention as well
PSN: NinjaTortuga
XBone: TortugaNinja187

User Info: HeWhoCorrupts

HeWhoCorrupts
2 years ago#3
I played the card games set in this world and wanted to play the miniatures but no one in my area played Anima. I watched a lot of that video and it looks fun, probably will buy it.

--
But I remember my aunt forced me to taste it from my underwear because I didnt wipe well enough. DirtyScubbyMexican

User Info: Mech_Battalion

Mech_Battalion
2 years ago#4
Ugh, guys I hate to say it but the game is like a 2/10... The game is just like really rushed and thrown together. The combat is very minimalist with one button attacks, there are very few enemy types, the "world" feels empty with just random AI enemies wandering around. The sound is AWFUL. Did they inhale their mics? It never sounds like the voices or other noises are coming from the characters or anything on screen. It's like if you listen to music on your phone while playing a game, it is very dissociated with whats going on.

The game was a kickstarter crowdfunded game and it is just the epitome of an indie developers first time making a game. It feels more like a final exam for a college student (who would flunk if he actually handed this in)

User Info: OmenofFate

OmenofFate
2 years ago#5
Mech_Battalion posted...
Ugh, guys I hate to say it but the game is like a 2/10... The game is just like really rushed and thrown together. The combat is very minimalist with one button attacks, there are very few enemy types, the "world" feels empty with just random AI enemies wandering around. The sound is AWFUL. Did they inhale their mics? It never sounds like the voices or other noises are coming from the characters or anything on screen. It's like if you listen to music on your phone while playing a game, it is very dissociated with whats going on.

The game was a kickstarter crowdfunded game and it is just the epitome of an indie developers first time making a game. It feels more like a final exam for a college student (who would flunk if he actually handed this in)

Game is rushed? Do some actual research before spouting your nonsense.

User Info: MasterGraiden

MasterGraiden
2 years ago#6
Mech_Battalion posted...

I had a response to this but It came off as overtly pretentious so i changed my mind, the short of it is though from what I've seen the games a 6/10 at least, which for me means "fun but flawed".
"Are signatures meant to be amusing, comical, nonsensical or completely original? Oh well I can never decide."
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heivrach

User Info: WishingTikal

WishingTikal
2 years ago#7
I'm playing this right now and I love it. It's like a cross between Nier and Drakengard. The combat is simple but fun. I really like the atmosphere and the talking book is a great partner. Really a surprise for me. To each their own.
Real gamers play cute games. ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/WishingTikal

User Info: digiduman

digiduman
2 years ago#8
I agree WishingTikal, this game feels like it has strong influences from Nier. This game is original, creative, and just insanely creepy. Having gamed for over 35 years, I can confidently say that this game is by far no where near rushed. For this game being crowd-funded it is actually a masterpiece. I would love to see what these developers could do on a full budget. The story in my opinion is absolutely phenomenal. I'm only partway through the game and I am completely confused, horrified and very eager to see how this all plays out, especially since there are 4 different endings. What decisions I make in this game will affect the outcome and that makes the game highly replayable. Sure, the combat is simple but the themes and messages that are woven into the storyline are downright genius. This is the most original game I've played since Nier. If you're curious about this game and are attracted to the very weird and bizarre, do not hesitate to play this game. And it's only $20, you're getting a full-fledged action-rpg here. I have a good 15 hours in it so far and I think maybe I'm a quarter of the way through it, I don't know The very sad thing is that most people will not play this and it's a darn shame because this game deserves some major attention.

User Info: hijokaiden

hijokaiden
2 years ago#9
WishingTikal posted...
I'm playing this right now and I love it. It's like a cross between Nier and Drakengard. The combat is simple but fun. I really like the atmosphere and the talking book is a great partner. Really a surprise for me. To each their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4M_f7qYB1g

Lol this is definitly not ripped off completely from Nier... Even the dialog and situation at the beginning of this video is ripped from Nier's part when you investigate Emil's house...

digiduman posted...
The very sad thing is that most people will not play this and it's a darn shame because this game deserves some major attention.

1. Most people don't even know that there is a game called "Anima: Gate of Memories"

2. The game is only getting a physical release in Europe

3. It's based off a spanish Tabletop RPG series.
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.

User Info: blakfayt

blakfayt
2 years ago#10
TC, your reason for wanting the game is the reason the idea of buying this (at least at full price) killed it for me. That entire joke goes on far too long, becomes actually annoying with that terrible voice (I agree with the guy above that the sound in all the videos I've seen doesn't sound dynamic. It sounds like they put the voices OVER the game audio instead of weaving it in. Like I'm supposed to believe the characters are telepathic or have ear pieces in), and I actually cringed.

That moment seems like the thing that happened at your D&D party after six hours of playing, and the rogue just got bored an hour ago and is now making s*** up to try and have that funny story, but it ends up only being endearing because you were there or you really like the person telling the story. Considering the game is based off of a tabletop RPG, I almost think the guys that made the game sat down, played a bit, and used their own actual dialogue for the game. Which ... is not a professional or well polished script.
  1. Boards
  2. Anima: Gate of Memories
  3. This was all the convincing I needed to buy this game.
  • Topic Archived