• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
Arrawnt 5 years ago#1
First, the black crystals matter, there's one major branching dialogue choice, and one major point of no return, also 2 of the endings have really annoying consequences that carry into the post-game, and even newgame+.

The Black Crystals: You'll find two of these during Ch.7 ~ 9. If you turn in 1, you unlock greed mode, which lets you move faster on the map, and guarantees chain battles. There's no downside to turning it in, so do it. If you turn in the second however, you lock yourself into the Eternity of Time ending route and out of the ones that are determined by the decision. Basically hold on to the second until the last minute.

Next, Ch. 10 Kanata's Decision Branching Point:

You'll pick this from the quest list and the game will prompt you to save, you'll then be given three dialogue options:

First OR Second choice (there are dialogue differences but the result is the same)
- Curse of Immortality route
- Return Soul is available (send party member home, Kanata gets some kind of ability to chain multiple Greed attacks, remaining party gets boosted stats)

Third Choice
- Dark God route
- Return Soul is unavailable, party stats are boosted massively in exchange

Point of No Return, Ch. 11 Amethyst Reactor:

As soon as you clear this quest, you lose the ability to return souls, or turn in the black crystals, if you want multiple endings/trophy requirements, you'll want to make backup saves before clearing this dungeon.

Downsides of each ending (spoilering because you can probably infer the plot based on the mechanics somewhat):

Eternity of Time: Shop functions are disabled in post-game. You must clear this route to unlock a speedrun!
Dark God: Your affection with everyone reaches the minimum, carries into NG+, Either do this last or reload an earlier save and do Eternity of Time and then go into NG+

Return Soul has two additional trophies, one for sending everyone home, one for sending no one home. Again, the point of no return is the Amethyst Reactor. If you do it after completing the hidden dungeon, you'll have 3 additional characters so you won't need to solo it, although my Kanata was so beefy from the boosted stats that he did solo it.

New Game+,
- Everything carries over except Dungeon Clear Progress and Exploration Rate.
- Hidden dungeon is available from the start and level 3 expert quests will be available as soon as you unlock the dungeons.

Recommended playthrough route:

2 playthroughs
1. Pick third choice in Kanata's Decision
2. When you reach the Amethyst Reactor, grind, 100 is pretty safe with the boosted stats from this route
3. Backup save
4. Clear Dark God route
5. Reload, turn in second black crystal, clear Eternity of Time
6. Start NG+ and pick the first or second choice in Kanata's Decision, turn in 0 black crystals
7. When you reach the Amethyst Reactor, do everything you want to do for completion
8. Backup save
9. Clear with all members sent or none
10. Reload, clear with no members sent or none.

I used the Misty Forest Free quest 1 for grinding everything, it's available before any branch point, nothing but hordes of little mobs, even at 140 it was still giving levels quick with full training and a couple Echoes of Experience. And the boss is 2 seconds from the start if you just want to rush the quest for affection. You'll also get physical jammers and poison grenades as item drops, abuse these on the hidden dungeon bosses and speedruns.
jimmyjoe 5 years ago#2
levels do not carry over to new game plus, do they?
jimmyjoe 5 years ago#3
and eternity of time is the good ending, right?
mikhdrag 5 years ago#4
jimmyjoe posted...

Level carry over. What's not carry over is key items, field ability(double jump,etc) and map completion rate.

Ch11 point of no return, it seems the quest is broken down to more than 1 quest. Is completing 1 of them is already point of no return?
I draw lood.
twitter:@mikhdrag1
jimmyjoe 5 years ago#5
mikhdrag posted...
jimmyjoe posted...

Level carry over. What's not carry over is key items, field ability(double jump,etc) and map completion rate.

Ch11 point of no return, it seems the quest is broken down to more than 1 quest. Is completing 1 of them is already point of no return?

can you choose to reset level and skills?
mikhdrag 5 years ago#6
jimmyjoe posted...

Haven't cleared the game yet so I can't answer this. Probably not...
Unless the game have options what you can choose to carry over like tales series
I draw lood.
twitter:@mikhdrag1
jimmyjoe 5 years ago#7
mikhdrag posted...
jimmyjoe posted...

Haven't cleared the game yet so I can't answer this. Probably not...
Unless the game have options what you can choose to carry over like tales series

Tales series new game plus is the bestest!
Arrawnt 5 years ago#8
mikhdrag posted...
jimmyjoe posted...

Field ability does carry over, you'll get free Esper Stones instead of the ability unlocks when you turn in the crystals that gave field stuff on ng+.

Ch 11 has 7 quests (ruby > lost forest > emerald > sapphire > diamond > topaz > amethyst), with Amethyst being the last and highest level to unlock. Chapter 12 and your ending route begins immediately after clearing it. You can do the first 6 quests in the chapter just fine.
shimitza1 5 years ago#9
Arrawnt posted...
Again, the point of no return is the Amethyst Reactor. If you do it after completing the hidden dungeon, you'll have 3 additional characters so you won't need to solo it, although my Kanata was so beefy from the boosted stats that he did solo it.

Hi. Sorry to annoy you with this but couldn't find this info anywhere googling. I'd appreciate it if you might help.

I'm at ch. X (Kanata's decision) and don't want to screw myself over so after reading through your "Ending guide" post I still have some questions:

1. What's the best ending to go into NG+ on the 1st playthrough?

2. Is the hidden dungeon only available in NG+ or does it unlock during the 1st playthrough and how?

3. Should we 100% all maps chests/exploration and max affection with everyone in the 1st NG if it resets in 3rd choice ending (Dark god one?) or should we pick Eternity of Time ending going into NG+ first time?

Eternity of time seems confusing since you said we lose access to shop in post-game if we choose that one? What is there to do "post-game" anyway, doesn't the game go to NG+ after Reactor? Your post about the hidden dungeon doesn't make it clear how you unlock it and when? As I said, I'm still in ch. X doing map completion bc not sure which Kanata choice should I get in 1st playthrough going to NG+.

Your help with this ending guide is greatly appreciated anyway.
There are no facts, only interpretations.
Eternal_Grandy 5 years ago#10
another question about NG+, does stats from factors carry over?

im hoarding tonnes of str, vit factors and so on, but im not sure if i should use it or wait for NG+
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A