You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Is anyone planning to finish this just in time for Vesperia?

User Info: SectionX2

SectionX2
1 week ago#1
Blah blah blah tidal wave!

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
1 week ago#2
Well, while I plan to get Vesperia, and am quite excited for it, especially having only played the 360 release and not the PS3...not so much. I have too much work to do here. Though once that's done, yeah I will super excited to switch things up and dig into ToV.

However I'm probably more excited to get back to my perfect bloodborne playthrough, or FF12ZA, which I still have yet to finish (stopped just after Raithwall), and that's just one playthrough, my all Bushi playthrough. Next would be all Red Mage, then an "all classes" run, then probably a level 1 run, as I never fully completed my 122333 run in the original game, and not having to worry about firefly farming is a blessing (rough enough in time getting Penelo up to 99, then farming motes for a week straight), with optimized classes. Then maybe a magic run only, then a physical run only, then a Shikari run because why not? Then a single class run, then maybe a no class run...

Somewhere in there will be a Vesperia PS4 playthrough.
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MasterJG

MasterJG
1 week ago#3
I never played Vesperia, I might play it after. But I also have Ys XIII which someone actually lent to me, and I don't want to keep their copy for months on end, haha.

I'm glad you brought up FFXIIZA, that was my project last year and I still need to get one morw trophy to obtain the Platinum! God I love that game.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Then00bAvenger

Then00bAvenger
1 week ago#4
I tried playing Vesperia but got overwhelmed by the item crafting.

My brain requires me to make one of every item and after about the half-way point they start dumping so many items on you to make that I didn't have all the materials for that I just kind of fell out of the game lol.

Still have the save though from a long time ago...
A refusal of praise is a desire to be praised twice.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SonicGTX

SonicGTX
1 week ago#5
Im already done with DQ11. Took about 140 hours

I'll be playing Smash until January. Then its RE2, KH3, and Vesperia.

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
1 week ago#6
What the s*** behindtheword, that's a lot of planning for 1 game...
~The trance is the motion

User Info: jordina

jordina
1 week ago#7
Then00bAvenger posted...
I tried playing Vesperia but got overwhelmed by the item crafting.

My brain requires me to make one of every item and after about the half-way point they start dumping so many items on you to make that I didn't have all the materials for that I just kind of fell out of the game lol.

Still have the save though from a long time ago...

I adore vesperia but the amount of synthesis options get overwhelming and expensive.

First thing you should do upon getting the boat is gathering the materials to create 4 sephiras. The effects stack and help you keep on top of everything. Hopefully that has not changed for this upcoming version. Would not want to miss out on all those skills.

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
1 week ago#8
behindtheword posted...
Well, while I plan to get Vesperia, and am quite excited for it, especially having only played the 360 release and not the PS3...not so much. I have too much work to do here. Though once that's done, yeah I will super excited to switch things up and dig into ToV.

However I'm probably more excited to get back to my perfect bloodborne playthrough, or FF12ZA, which I still have yet to finish (stopped just after Raithwall), and that's just one playthrough, my all Bushi playthrough. Next would be all Red Mage, then an "all classes" run, then probably a level 1 run, as I never fully completed my 122333 run in the original game, and not having to worry about firefly farming is a blessing (rough enough in time getting Penelo up to 99, then farming motes for a week straight), with optimized classes. Then maybe a magic run only, then a physical run only, then a Shikari run because why not? Then a single class run, then maybe a no class run...

Somewhere in there will be a Vesperia PS4 playthrough.

Red Mage army run? Hell to the yes. I should probably finish mine sometime. I think I got maybe 1/3 of the way through mine in January, but that was just after beating it the first time.
Playing: FFVII - Kalm; Dragon Quest V - Enslaved
Up next: FFXIII, DQVII, Bravely Default

User Info: pichuscute

pichuscute
1 week ago#9
Vesperia? Is a port of a crappy Tales game really that big of a deal? Lmfao.
Looking forward to: FFVIIR, Metroid Prime 4, SMTV, Daemon x Machina, Octopath Traveler.
Fav series: Zelda, Mario Kart, WipEout, Custom Robo, SMT, Final Fantasy.

User Info: SectionX2

SectionX2
1 week ago#10
pichuscute posted...
Vesperia? Is a port of a crappy Tales game really that big of a deal? Lmfao.

One of best jrpgs ever now with added content
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Is anyone planning to finish this just in time for Vesperia?