How to beat the true final boss?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. How to beat the true final boss?

User Info: Capnvideogame

Capnvideogame
4 days ago#1
So now I'm facing the boss and obviously, I'm clueless as to how to beat him. I'm around 89ish level for the entire cast and except the hero and 8, other characters have not changed their clothing.

How to beat the boss?

User Info: TiggerArmy

TiggerArmy
4 days ago#2
you need to USE (not just equip) the sword you can forge. Someone else will tell you it's name, cause I forgot. Something with light :)

User Info: AngelosTheHero

AngelosTheHero
4 days ago#3
TiggerArmy posted...
you need to USE (not just equip) the sword you can forge. Someone else will tell you it's name, cause I forgot. Something with light :)

The Super Sword of Light - the one you get from Yggdrasil. Not the basic Sword of Light or the Supreme Sword of Light, both of which you make yourself.
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2458-1255 Aeon
ACNL: Mayor Sakurai of Harukawa Dream Address: 7D00-00AF-A89F

User Info: red_ice9

red_ice9
4 days ago#4
All 4 characters wearing 2 Catholicon Ring will really lessen your burden here.

Eight tanking.
Serena buffing Eight with Divine Intervention. Or healing.
Hero Attacking with Quadra to lower both arms hp then focus on body. Or healing.
Veronica Oomphle hero, Kaboomle to attack. Repel on Eight maybe.

Eight will die to cannon and magic attacks, so Serena's buff helps a lot.
Veronica can buff Repel on Eight, but the boss never seem to cast magic when done so, lol.
Perfection is an illusion; Aberrations are discoveries.

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
4 days ago#5
red_ice9 posted...
Hero Attacking with Quadra to lower both arms hp then focus on body. Or healing.
Veronica Oomphle hero, Kaboomle to attack. Repel on Eight maybe.

This works, but I think Veronica using Channel Anger and then focusing on using Kaboomle is better.

I'd rather have the Hero do his strongest single target attacks on the main body or healing if needed.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness and maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.

User Info: Patiojohn

Patiojohn
4 days ago#6
Beat it without Sword of Light:

Start the battle with a Pep'd team and use Yggdragon's Blessing.
Have Veronica spam Magic Burst.
Stock all characters with at least 4 Elfin Elixer to replenish Veronica's MP after Magic Burst.
Use others characters strongest attacks and healing options and he should go down!

Patiojohn
4 days ago#7
Your at a high enough level to beat it without the Sword of Light. Beat it without the Sword and it will feel so much more rewarding when he goes down.

User Info: user420

user420
4 days ago#8
I beat it without the sword of light either.

AoE the little dudes, focus on the arms 1 at a time, I would say do the canon arm first since that's where he shoots the little dudes from, then just smash him in the face until he regens them, rinse and repeat until he dies.

Buffs don't mean much since he likes to dispel, keep everyone topped off on hp and just do the damn thing.

What does the sword of light even do?
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.

Patiojohn
4 days ago#9
user420 posted...

It removes his Aura, similar to how you had to remove it from Jasper.

User Info: user420

user420
4 days ago#10
Patiojohn posted...
user420 posted...

It removes his Aura, similar to how you had to remove it from Jasper.

No s***, I was actually wondering what the aura did since it kept giving me the message, but it didn't seem to do anything so I just ignored it.
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. How to beat the true final boss?