Update 1.01 ?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: wishmaster0912

wishmaster0912
2 days ago#1
I just tried to boot the game and it started to download an application update 1.01 (148.9 MB) anyone knows what it does?
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: xtrasim

xtrasim
2 days ago#2
same was about to post this you beat me by like 1 minute LOL
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Lunar_Savage

Lunar_Savage
2 days ago#3
I too, would like to know the update notes.
Number of Mega Cookies given: (::::) 29
*Tips top hat, adjusts monocle, and walks away with a cane.* And yes, that IS Mr. Peanut laying unconscious on the curb

User Info: mazoboom

mazoboom
2 days ago#4
https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/dragon-quest-xi-patch-announcement

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
2 days ago#5

PlayStation 4
We’ve identified a bug which can sometimes cause the game to crash when the player is 300m away from their horse on the field, this has been fixed.
People’s names (such as “Robert”) have been removed from the list of prohibited words when selecting the main character’s name at the beginning of the game.
Multiple text bugs have been fixed.
Steam
We’ve identified a bug which can sometimes cause the game to crash when the player is 300m away from their horse on the field, this has been fixed.
Players are now able to send log data to the DRAGON QUEST XI development team in cases where the game crashes.
Players are able to choose between three (Low, Medium, High) pre-set graphic settings before launching the game (see below for details).
People’s names (such as “Robert”) have been removed from the list of prohibited words when selecting the main character’s name at the beginning of the game.
Multiple text bugs have been fixed.
It’s now possible to move the command selection cursor using the left stick, and by extension WASD on keyboards, with very few exceptions in certain screens.
It’s now possible to select which key exits the game (by default this is set to Esc) and it’s also possible to bind the Esc key to a different function.
More frame rate options have been added; 90 fps, 120 fps, 144 fps as well as the option to leave the frame rate unlocked.
Finally, we’ve seen a number of questions about the in-game language in the Steam version of DRAGON QUEST XI. It’s possible to change the in-game language by changing the language setting of Steam itself.
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: xtrasim

xtrasim
2 days ago#6
so nothing important :P

User Info: pksthename

pksthename
2 days ago#7
People’s names (such as “Robert”) have been removed from the list of prohibited words when selecting the main character’s name at the beginning of the game

that made me laugh lol
It's not just the whales , it's the water !!

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
2 days ago#8
LightHawKnight posted...

Steam

I think there are a few more crash bugs in game (I crashed a bunch of times in dungeons on the PC), but this is a good start lol.
Steam: ZodiacSolder // i5-8600K // Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E // EVGA RTX 2080 XC
PSN/XBox: ZodiacSoldierJL // 3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403

User Info: Totterbart

Totterbart
2 days ago#9
Because Robert is a known criminal, which is widely known everywhere on the world!!

(Or maybe because Rab)
Totterbart posted...
Because Robert is a known criminal, which is widely known everywhere on the world!!

(Or maybe because Rab)

Wait... Did anyone try naming the MC Veronica?
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.