• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Electro Light experience question

User Info: Flash2Beasley

Flash2Beasley
2 months ago#1
So I'm playing with no xp from weaker mobs, just finished act 2, and trying to do an electro light to get a nice boost entering act 3 but I'm getting no xp from vicious liquit metal slimes/metal king slimes, is electro light really never going to work with this draconian setting? If so I'm considering turning it off for act 3, is act 3 more balanced for just going through normally or does it make sense to hit 99?

Also playing with stronger monsters.

User Info: xtrasim

xtrasim
2 months ago#2
depends what level you are if your stronger than them than with that settings on you will not get any exp.

this is the exp list

Every 10 levels the encounter changes
50: 3x Vicious Metal Slime: About 300k exp, Seed of Life from each
60: 2x Vicious Metal Slime, 1x Liquid Metal, About 350k exp, Happy Hat from the Liquid
70: 1x Vicious Metal King, 2x Liquid Metal, About 800k exp, Pep Pip from Metal King

User Info: rockymin

rockymin
2 months ago#3
xtrasim posted...
depends what level you are if your stronger than them than with that settings on you will not get any exp.

You're always stronger than metal enemies though. They only have a few hp.
"It's funny how dumb you are" -Bill Cipher
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile

xtrasim
2 months ago#4
rockymin posted...
xtrasim posted...

i was getting about 2k exp from normal metal slimes in the desert when i was there a few days ago with the no exp from weaker monsters drac setting on.

User Info: Lamesy

Lamesy
2 months ago#5
I've been wondering about this as well. It's almost as if Electro Light is flatly disabled in Draconian "no XP from weak monsters" mode. How come in my late level 20s I can fight metal slimes that spawn rarely on Slime Island to get XP, but I fight a King Slime on same island, use Electro Light to summon metal slimes and a liquid metal slime (that I can't even encounter yet in the wild at this point in the game) and get NO XP?

xtrasim
2 months ago#6
maybe there's a certain lvl metals are at and if your higher you get no exp. s*** if that' the case i'm f later on...

User Info: fatih361

fatih361
2 months ago#7
xtrasim posted...

this is the exp list

60: 2x Vicious Metal Slime, 1x Liquid Metal, About 350k exp, Happy Hat from the Liquid
70: 1x Vicious Metal King, 2x Liquid Metal, About 800k exp, Pep Pip from Metal King

And which monsters will appear if you are under level 49?

User Info: Ozzy_98

Ozzy_98
2 months ago#8
fatih361 posted...
xtrasim posted...

this is the exp list

And which monsters will appear if you are under level 49?

Should be 2 normal metal slimes and a liquid if I remember right. Not sure if they go lower than that or not, and also not sure if act affects them; I think what act you're in affects higher tiers but not sure on this lower one.
I've been around for so long, people think the year I got my internet handle is my freakin birth year now.

User Info: rockymin

rockymin
2 months ago#9
xtrasim posted...
rockymin posted...
xtrasim posted...

i was getting about 2k exp from normal metal slimes in the desert when i was there a few days ago with the no exp from weaker monsters drac setting on.

I didn't use drac setting and only played normal. But using Haulelugah and then Electro Light, I would get 30-40K with plain metal slimes and up to 500K when King Metal slimes showed up.
"It's funny how dumb you are" -Bill Cipher
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile

User Info: justdontask

justdontask
2 months ago#10
Lamesy posted...
I've been wondering about this as well. It's almost as if Electro Light is flatly disabled in Draconian "no XP from weak monsters" mode. How come in my late level 20s I can fight metal slimes that spawn rarely on Slime Island to get XP, but I fight a King Slime on same island, use Electro Light to summon metal slimes and a liquid metal slime (that I can't even encounter yet in the wild at this point in the game) and get NO XP?

You have to kill something that gives xp, or metal slimes will give 0 xp. Those are your options, pick one.

If you fight a single king slime, and electro light replaces him with metal slimes, you didnt kill him, he didnt give xp. the slimes wont either.

Fight multiple enemies, kill all but one, then electro light.
somebody shoot me.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Electro Light experience question
  • Topic Archived