• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Lunar_Savage

Lunar_Savage
2 months ago#1
I'm in Drundasil, for the first time. Party levels are MC 35, Erik 35, Veronica 34, Serena 33, Sylvando 29.

My instinct says grind these green dragon bastards until MC is level 40 and hope for lots of metal slimes.

Am I over doing it? Jade and Rab haven't joined yet.
Number of Mega Cookies given: (::::) 29
*Tips top hat, adjusts monocle, and walks away with a cane.* And yes, that IS Mr. Peanut laying unconscious on the curb

User Info: demonsword765

demonsword765
2 months ago#2
Short version: you're about the right range.
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q440/Tachibana_Chikoku/kongou.jpg
BURNING LOVE!!!

User Info: Lunar_Savage

Lunar_Savage
2 months ago#3
demonsword765 posted...

Really? I know the few recent dq games were considered easy, but I've been whomping enemies left and right. The MMA tourney felt like a joke.
Number of Mega Cookies given: (::::) 29
*Tips top hat, adjusts monocle, and walks away with a cane.* And yes, that IS Mr. Peanut laying unconscious on the curb

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 months ago#4
You're about 10~12 levels over what you require for that area.
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.

User Info: Totterbart

Totterbart
2 months ago#5
Lunar_Savage posted...
demonsword765 posted...

Really? I know the few recent dq games were considered easy, but I've been whomping enemies left and right. The MMA tourney felt like a joke.

He is trolling and you are waaay overleveled.

User Info: Tuiop2

Tuiop2
2 months ago#6
that's my level when i collected all orbs and reach arboria normal mode, you should be fine with that dragon..also how come sylvando only at 29, i thought the game share the same EXP for all party
"No one's looking. Cry as long as you want. And I'll...Just hold you like this" - Estelle Bright - The legend of Heroes SC

User Info: tri sapphire

tri sapphire
2 months ago#7
Tuiop2 posted...
that's my level when i collected all orbs and reach arboria normal mode, you should be fine with that dragon..also how come sylvando only at 29, i thought the game share the same EXP for all party

Probably because his party was already a bit overleveled when he got Sylv. Characters joining have set starting levels.

If you don't want the level gap to be high I'd wait until you get those two to grind more.
"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed...I must simply laugh!!."- Magus

User Info: Tuiop2

Tuiop2
2 months ago#8
tri sapphire posted...
Tuiop2 posted...

Probably because his party was already a bit overleveled when he got Sylv. Characters joining have set starting levels.

If you don't want the level gap to be high I'd wait until you get those two to grind more.

oh so character level is fixed when joined? i never noticed that, because when others joined my party, all of their lvl was same or just one level lower than my MC.
"No one's looking. Cry as long as you want. And I'll...Just hold you like this" - Estelle Bright - The legend of Heroes SC

User Info: TiggerArmy

TiggerArmy
2 months ago#9
Tuiop2 posted...
oh so character level is fixed when joined? i never noticed that, because when others joined my party, all of their lvl was same or just one level lower than my MC.

I think they usually are fixed in DQ. They definitely were in 8 (PS2) and most likely are in thins one concidering my MC was about 9 level higher than the last 3 characters that joined.

User Info: greenfire4m

greenfire4m
2 months ago#10
If you don't have hard enemies on you are significantly higher level than required, I got through every boss except one first time without grinding and even skipping a lot of enemy encounters because they got annoying in places without hard enemies on though maybe 4 or 5 of them were touch and go. Though most of those were the post-game event boss thingies some of which are a******s. If you do have hard enemies on I can't say anything because I've yet to try that.
  • Topic Archived