• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. It seems the "Hero" in this game is poop

User Info: zherot

zherot
2 months ago#1
He is outclased by most characters in the game in every role for what i read in these forums, so... why is he the "Hero" again?

It IS really damn stupid that the Hero of the game is not the one doing the most damage at least.

One of the reasons on why this game is not so great as many make it out to be, not saying is a bad game but far from the best in the series.
It's a Man by Betty Hutton has to be one of the most sexist things i heard,yet because is againts men no one gives a damn because "patriarchy" right?

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
2 months ago#2
He's not, though?
Also, in most DQ the Hero isn't the one doing the most damage.
Courage and wit have served thee well. Thou hast been promoted to the next level.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general

User Info: MaxPegasus

MaxPegasus
2 months ago#3
He's only outdamaged by two characters. He's outdamaged by three at first but Jade falls off in damage. Even then, for the two other characters who outdamage him, Erik takes prep and Veronica takes 100% of her mp to outdamage him. All the hero needs is oomphle.

User Info: zherot

zherot
2 months ago#4
Tiael posted...
He's not, though?
Also, in most DQ the Hero isn't the one doing the most damage.

Nice arguments.

NEXT!
It's a Man by Betty Hutton has to be one of the most sexist things i heard,yet because is againts men no one gives a damn because "patriarchy" right?

User Info: NotBot

NotBot
2 months ago#5
The hero provides reliable damage and reliable healing. He is straightforward and simple while also still quite powerful overall.

And honestly where do you get off insisting the hero needs to do the most damage? I hate when games force a character on me.

Ff12 was great but van was the worst. Yet you’re actively gimping yourself if you don’t use him due to his op stats.
sigs Are Almost As Stupid As Irony- NotBot, 2000xx
http://www.last.fm/user/wilfordbrimley

User Info: SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou
2 months ago#6
The Luminary, just like the Heroes from every single Dragon Quest game, is the consummate "Jack of all Trades". He doesn't excel at anything, but unlike the rest of the party, he can literally do EVERYTHING. He'll never do as much physical damage as Erik or Jade (even with maxed stats considering their difference in abilities). He'll never cast spells as well as Veronica. He'll never tank hits like Eight. He'll never have the sheer number of support capabilities of Sylvando.

He CAN heal as well as Serena, but that's only because Omniheal doesn't care who casts it or what their stats or equipment are.

Rab is probably the closest any non-Hero a party member has ever been to being a Hero without actually having the title. It kind of makes sense in his case, considering who he is.

User Info: Then00bAvenger

Then00bAvenger
2 months ago#7
Actually he will do as much damage as Jade if not more thanks to the attack power advantage of Greatswords and the numerous strength bonus panels he has access to

Even in Act 1 he's only behind until he learns Unbridled Blade
A refusal of praise is a desire to be praised twice.

User Info: Wynvkius

Wynvkius
2 months ago#8
Then00bAvenger posted...
Actually he will do as much damage as Jade if not more thanks to the attack power advantage of Greatswords and the numerous strength bonus panels he has access to

RIP Jade

User Info: Rowen_J_Ilbert

Rowen_J_Ilbert
2 months ago#9
The only thing that's s*** is this thread.

User Info: SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou
2 months ago#10
Then00bAvenger posted...

I'm not certain, and RNG will play heavily into it, but I'm pretty sure Jade's higher crit chance will still cause her to outdamage the Luminary on average. Jade also has a self-Oomph that increases her damage without having to rely on other party members.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. It seems the "Hero" in this game is poop
  • Topic Archived