Can we do something about spoilers here?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Can we do something about spoilers here?

User Info: NinoSuave

NinoSuave
1 week ago#1
I know some of you guys are at 100+ hours and no lifed this game since it came out or had time off and invested a bunch of time already, but not everyone has. I personally only get a few hours through the week to play and can only invest a lot of time on the weekends.

If a Topic is created and doesnt have a spoiler tag in the name or is obvious about its contents, like, "Post game farm spot" which anyone could read and realize it may include spoilers, please use the Spoiler button when mentioning stuff in the game. Its literally two clicks and can potentially save someone for having something cool ruined for them.

Just off hand things I have found out because people dont know how to use spoiler tags You get Hendrick on your team, there is multiple timelines, you get married, as well as few other things. You can see how reading that out of nowhere can suck.

Tl;Dr - Use the spoiler button when talking about story things that others may not have gotten to yet. Thanks!
Currently Playing: LoL, Path of Exile, Final Fantasy 14
Waiting On: Lost Ark and Anthem

User Info: OmigawdMatt

OmigawdMatt
1 week ago#2
Thanks for the reminder/PSA.

Overall, this DQXI board does a pretty good job at spoiler tags already, but there is usually like one topic per week that ruins it for everyone. Sucks for them.
I cried one time and someone told me, "Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality."

User Info: zaneomega2

zaneomega2
1 week ago#3
I agree, it's very aggravating
If you haven't seen Claymore you're doing anime wrong
~Final Fantasy XIII is bae <3~

User Info: ToadWarrior

ToadWarrior
1 week ago#4
That does suck. I pretty much left the forum while I was playing to avoid this. That's what I usually do.

On the other hand, this is Dragon Quest, as much as we all love it it's basically the quintessential paint by numbers RPG, you can't really spoil it. It's not like this is some kind of crazy interweaving plot with a bunch of characters with unclear motivations or something.

NinoSuave
1 week ago#5
ToadWarrior posted...
That does suck. I pretty much left the forum while I was playing to avoid this. That's what I usually do.

On the other hand, this is Dragon Quest, as much as we all love it it's basically the quintessential paint by numbers RPG, you can't really spoil it. It's not like this is some kind of crazy interweaving plot with a bunch of characters with unclear motivations or something.

Except the things that were mentioned in my original post aren't apparent for people in any part of Act 1, or even the beginning of Act 2. Which is like 60 hours into the game.

There are some cool things that happen and they lose that "Wow" factor or coolness when you know about it and are just waiting for it to happen.

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
1 week ago#6
You are lucky, i had bigger things spoiled for me when i first started playing. I would say just leave the site completely until you beat the game, since there have been a few people that purposely make topics with massive spoils in the name just to be trolls.
Switch FC: 6749-4573-6683 | Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/chilly01234/

User Info: MaxPegasus

MaxPegasus
1 week ago#7
Better to stay off the board.
(message deleted)
I got to say it probably would best to advoid game boards if you are trying to advoid being spoiled.
Okay

NinoSuave
1 week ago#10
For everyone saying to avoid the boards entirely....that is just an idiotic statement.

It is not hard to type "*Spoilers*" in a title or use the spoiler tag function thats BUILT INTO THE WEBSITE. It's just being inconsiderate and lazy.

I've had to PM multiple people who didnt realize what they did and all of them thanked me afterwards and used it.

Dont be dicks. It's not that hard. (No pun intended)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Can we do something about spoilers here?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.