• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TGUN_2013

TGUN_2013
2 months ago#1
I’ve never played a dragon quest game before, I’ve played most other jrpg series. How is this one? Good entry for dragon quest?

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
2 months ago#2
There’s 100+ hours of content from the people who invented the jrpg genre. And it’s been casualized just enough to be good for first timers, with added difficulty options for longtime fans.
Playing: Dragon Quest XI - Octogonia; FFV Perfect file - World 2 - Barrier Tower
On hold: Bravely Default & DQVII; Up next: FFVII, DQV

User Info: Mongreal

Mongreal
2 months ago#3
I would rate it among the top 5 games in the series, and definitely for people that never played a DQ game before, this is a good starting point.

It's a good classic turn based game with more than 100 hours of content.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.None but ourselves can free our minds.

User Info: HMandACFan

HMandACFan
2 months ago#4
Definitely a great game.
HS NA/Diablo III EU IGN: MeltedWater#1790, LoL NA IGN: MeltedWater
Discord: MeltedWater#9972

User Info: TGUN_2013

TGUN_2013
2 months ago#5
Great, love turn based jrpgs, how’s the story?

User Info: Darkastral

Darkastral
2 months ago#6
Kigalas posted...
There’s 100+ hours of content from the people who invented the jrpg genre. And it’s been casualized just enough to be good for first timers, with added difficulty options for longtime fans.
Not changing this signature until a new Breath of Fire game is announced
Started 2/8/12

User Info: Smowy

Smowy
2 months ago#7
First time DQ player here. Was on the fence over the childish enemies but glad I bought in.

Really good game particularly if ff15 was a massive disappointment.
I think Necron is a pretty cool guy, he show up out of nowhere and doesn't afraid of anything.

User Info: SpankMcNasty

SpankMcNasty
2 months ago#8
TGUN_2013 posted...
Great, love turn based jrpgs, how’s the story?

Story is one of the best in the series IMO. A fresh take on the oldschool storyline that draws a lot of similarities from DQ3.
'Enter the Champion,
Prince By-Tor appears to battle for freedom, from chains of long years.'

User Info: Blinking_Nora

Blinking_Nora
2 months ago#9
Best RPG in years imo. Only ever played Dragon Quest 6 and 9 before this as main series titles, truly a VERY long but content rich game.

Expect to still be seeing new things 100+ hours in
You are not entitled to your opinion. Whilst you are entitled to your informed opinion, nobody is entitled to be ignorant.

User Info: unclesok

unclesok
2 months ago#10
Quite fun, fairly easy on normal mode with none of the modifiers added. I like the story too.

There are some good levels, and in all if you like JRPG's you'll enjoy it.
How can men who've never seen light be enlightened?
  • Topic Archived