Overall, would you say Dragon Quest XI is a great game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Overall, would you say Dragon Quest XI is a great game?

User Info: cheatermaster

cheatermaster
2 months ago#1
Generally I guess the Dragon Quest series is usually not too popular in the west. I mean I believe it was one of the most popular in Japan, but in the west not so much. Anyways, would you say that Dragon Quest XI is a great game overall? Or not as good compared to a number of big name games (too lazy to think of what other big name games)?

User Info: Luminozero

Luminozero
2 months ago#2
Absolutely. I was hooked on this game from start to finish. That's rare for a jRPG. Normally I need to take a little break when it gets too grindy, but with this one I had to just keep playing to find out how it was going to progress and what was going to be answered.
Democracy is a theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard.
-H.L. Mencken

User Info: DarkWarl0rd

DarkWarl0rd
2 months ago#3
Good, but DQ pre-2k good?...no, absolutely not.

User Info: HMandACFan

HMandACFan
2 months ago#4
Yes, I would say that. My favorite PS4 game by far, and my favorite new game I've played in several years.
HS NA/Diablo III EU IGN: MeltedWater#1790, LoL NA IGN: MeltedWater
Discord: MeltedWater#9972

User Info: Monomate360

Monomate360
2 months ago#5
Yes its a great game and will become a true classic :)
It's about 90% chance that the text above was written while I was taking a dump! ^^

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
2 months ago#6
It was very difficult to tear me away from it, which didn't happen for a very long time with a brand new game. (As in not a remaster or port of an already beloved game.)

User Info: Hito_Shura

Hito_Shura
2 months ago#7
Of course

User Info: JustWatch

JustWatch
2 months ago#8
It's great enough that I wish the Switch version would come out sooner so I don't have to only play at home. If the Switch version were out, I could play at work during lunch breaks too :P
Spankworthy Jester.
IG= Seanmw1214. Switch= SW-6099-7422-0031

User Info: Aeloria82

Aeloria82
2 months ago#9
This game gave me so many feelers of nostalgia on top of fun new things.

User Info: Mako_Sharknado

Mako_Sharknado
2 months ago#10
Yeah, 'n I'm not a big Dragon Quest guy. It's a lotta fun ta play'n it's pretty

I don't think it does anything crazy enough ta make it an all-time great but I've been enjoyin' it a lot
Jade is Bae
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KunAFMoFSc
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  3. Overall, would you say Dragon Quest XI is a great game?
  • Topic Archived