• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Clergybones

Clergybones
3 months ago#11
Don't want to create multiple threads for noob questions so I'll post all my questions here.

How do you know if a character is a good character? Does a good character means that they have the ability to awaken into LR? For characters that stops at UR with no dokkan awakening, does this mean that this is a crap character?

User Info: zak_627

zak_627
3 months ago#12
Clergybones posted...
Don't want to create multiple threads for noob questions so I'll post all my questions here.

How do you know if a character is a good character?
You will need to learn how to read characters leader skills, passives, and super attacks.

Use the Dokkan wiki to look up units and information. It will help immensely.

Clergybones
3 months ago#13
zak_627 posted...
You will need to learn how to read characters leader skills, passives, and super attacks.

Use the Dokkan wiki to look up units and information. It will help immensely.
What am I looking for other than the information on the character when I read? Doesn't help to just read and not understand why one character or stronger or weaker than the other.

User Info: chaosinuyasha

chaosinuyasha
3 months ago#14
If they're SSR or higher thats a start, also there's no universal "strong" unit(s), it all depends on the content you're trying to do. HOWEVER dokkanfest exclusive units are a good benchmark to start with/focusing on.
PSN: ChaosInuYasha (make sure you give me fair warning as to where you met me and why you wanna add)
Official Kaguya Ootsutsuki of the UNStorm 4 board

User Info: SuperVegitoFAN

SuperVegitoFAN
3 months ago#15
chaosinuyasha posted...
If they're SSR or higher thats a start, also there's no universal "strong" unit(s), it all depends on the content you're trying to do. HOWEVER dokkanfest exclusive units are a good benchmark to start with/focusing on.

Indeed, with Category leads (atleast 3ki and 150% stat average when Dokkan awakened to Final Form, wiki can help there) being a good way to find "Newish" units.

And thats another thing that can help

Look up the unit on the wiki

https://dbz-dokkanbattle.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z_Dokkan_Battle_Wiki

You can find them under Name (Disambiguation pages), Title (One click away), or search for their available categories, and links.

Wiki also has a release date for units. As a thumbrule, newer is better, not always the case, but it should help.

BUt yeah, DO NOT baba SSRs, until you have atleast all 4 paths opened in HIdden potential.
"Im not saying thats how it should be"
"Im Saying thats how it is"

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
3 months ago#16
Don't forget to ask here again for advice on units, once you have a fair amount. I'm sure you're bound to have a few SSRS that you might not think are useful, until others point out their unique niche in a specific event.

But yeah to begin with, just collect SSR units. You want as leaders those who raise Ki and Atk/def/hp in their leader skill. Units that raise them by 120% are considered good, although you might have to use those that raise all 4 by only 90% or even 70% if you're just starting.

Friend units are essential as mentioned above. To begin with, you might find it easier to select either Str LR base Spirit bomb Goku or Teq first form Frieza as a friend. They raise either all Super units stats by 120% with ki, or all Extreme units.
Obviously you know to worry about type first, and then super/extreme and then category, generally as a newish player.

Clergybones posted...
SR Vegeta, SR Paikuhan, SR Tien, SR Vegeta (Kid),

These guys are Strike units and very outdated. But you might find them useful as temporary units in your team. Int 16 for example can be a decent tank when blocking teq attacks. If you need another type unit in your team, they might fill the gap until you get a better one from summons or from other F2P events.

I do think information could be laid out a bit better. The strike events and team ginyu/dock should be in separate tabs.

I think Giru? Notifies you of events where you can upgrade your characters, so keep an eye on him on the home screen.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: fudawg45

fudawg45
3 months ago#17
Clergybones posted...

How do you know if a character is a good character? Does a good character means that they have the ability to awaken into LR? For characters that stops at UR with no dokkan awakening, does this mean that this is a crap character?
If a character has a passive skill that gives a flat stat boost (like atk +7000), it’s likely a crap unit. But not always.

If a character has no defense boost in its passive, it’s likely a crap unit. But not always.

Many F2P older units have very low passive boosts, like atk and def +40%. These can be filler when you just start, but that’s way too low for the long term. But not always.

When you start unlocking hidden potential, you will notice that different units get higher and lower buffs from the same amount of orbs. F2P units get very little boost, some farmable units get a slightly better boost, summonable units (using dragon stones) get the full boost, and older dokkanfest exclusive (DFE) units get an even higher boost (because their stats were crap and were weaker units overall).

LRs have ridiculously bloated stats, and therefore are just inherently extremely powerful. When you’re new, pretty much any LR will feel amazing to you. As you play for a while, you’ll figure out that many LRs are merely “just ok” but some LRs are almost game-breakingly powerful.

When you hit the summon tab, the scouter in the upper right lists all of the featured units you can summon. There’s tons of unfeatured units you can pull too, but DFE’s will never be unfeatured. When looking at a unit in the scouter, if it’s a DFE there will be an icon indicating so in the upper left corner.

And finally, you can delete pretty much any SR you pull. Only save them if you plan to feed them to an SSR to raise super attack, or if it’s Int Chiaoutzu or Teq Jaco. Keep those two, they are extremely useful.

Clergybones
3 months ago#18
Here is my team so far. How would you guys rate it?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/9/9/3/AADTYPAABmDJ.jpg
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/9/9/4/AADTYPAABmDK.jpg

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
3 months ago#19
Clergybones posted...
Here is my team so far.

It's interesting how you state that your whole box is your team, rather than stating individual teams within your box.

Someone better than me can identify potential teams here.

Obviously you know to feed dupes into the hidden potential of other characters, to max agl vegeta to sa 15 with one sa10 and one sa5 for example
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: fudawg45

fudawg45
3 months ago#20
It looks like you don’t have any summonable units. Have you tried summoning at all yet with dragon stones?

If you haven’t, you could consider re-rolling until you get a great start. Just keep restarting and summoning until you get both str cooler and str boujack.

If that doesn’t sound like your thing, then just keep doing what your doing. Try to get bardock’s squad up and running if you can. You’ll probably have to lean pretty heavily on coatku and coatgeta. After that, use bardock’s team and do all of quest mode. Beat all stories that come out for stones too. Your goal is to amass as many stones as you can, then in July when we have the 6th anniversary, dump the load and you’ll be cruisin’.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A