• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. How is the new player experience for this game nowadays?

User Info: powerporing

powerporing
4 months ago#1
I remember playing the game back in third anniversary of JP (I am a JP main after all) and I found the new player experience pretty bad since I had crap luck in my first few summons. It's kind of hard to establish a decent footing back then. If done normally, meaning no bot farming how is the new player experience nowadays?

Do note that I bought my main account from a market group and gave away the first crap account here. Since my experience as a new player back then was not that great.

User Info: IceCreamOnStero

IceCreamOnStero
4 months ago#2
Getting your footing is hard because the game heavily rewards older accounts with diverse and strong boxes. But it shouldn't be super hard if you stick with it. If you're willing to give it time you'll be fine

User Info: SuperVegitoFAN

SuperVegitoFAN
4 months ago#3
IceCreamOnStero posted...
Getting your footing is hard because the game heavily rewards older accounts with diverse and strong boxes. But it shouldn't be super hard if you stick with it. If you're willing to give it time you'll be fine

Yeah, its more so a matter of not getting overwhelmed.

All events do return so just prioritize on temporary missions, and quest mode first.

DONT try and clear everything right away, atleast not to start with

And it might also not be a bad idea to reroll, so youre atleast guarenteed one or 2 high tier units right from the getgo.
"Im not saying thats how it should be"
"Im Saying thats how it is"

powerporing
4 months ago#4
Yeah I made this topic because whenever a friend of mine asks me about Dokkan and wanting to start the person would say why are there so many variants of the same character and how do I know which one is good? And they always ask which banner to summon from because majority of the time my friends aren't used to gacha games.

User Info: SuperVegitoFAN

SuperVegitoFAN
4 months ago#5
powerporing posted...
Yeah I made this topic because whenever a friend of mine asks me about Dokkan and wanting to start the person would say why are there so many variants of the same character and how do I know which one is good? And they always ask which banner to summon from because majority of the time my friends aren't used to gacha games.
A good couple hints

A: If its an SSR by default, hold down on the portrat to enter character screen and hit the lock icon, to favorite them.

B: If you pull dupes of an SSR (Dokkan awakened SSRs can be reversed with hourglass items, and re-dokkaned for free) feed them into the 4 Hidden Potential Gates FIRST, before doing anything else (If only just in case)

C: Can also check the wiki https://dbz-dokkanbattle.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z_Dokkan_Battle_Wiki and find the unit there. The wiki lists release dates for the units. Newer units are generally better.
"Im not saying thats how it should be"
"Im Saying thats how it is"

powerporing
4 months ago#6
Yeah when I started those were the things I did especially since I played JP and I couldn't understand the menus and stuff. I just got the hang of it by trial and error, some resourcefulness. Now I am doing fine (my original account went around a few hundred days meaning I had the understanding of the game before I bought my main account).

User Info: DemonSlayer92

DemonSlayer92
4 months ago#7
in my opinion, there is no better time to start than during a Dragon Ball Heroes banner. Guaranteed featured SSRs that, after only a few pulls, come together into a perfectly usable, cohesive team that can hard carry a newbie through all Dokkan events. Not even the anniversary celebrations offer more value for each stone spent.
I'm a casual enthusiast.
Dokkan Battle friend ID: 1663690159

User Info: momo92

momo92
4 months ago#8
Other than a Heroes banner, its best to start during anniversaries because a good chunk of stones are given out.

This is where rerolling is key. Most anniversary banners have great leaders and some units to fill out a team.

But when you first start off, focus on Quest mode and clear the story events. Once you get a good team together from Summons, then start with dokkan events for older units. After a while, start dokkaning the newer units and maybe focus on the harder content.
"Music speaks when words fail!" Dokkan ID:748737433
XBL GT: Pathos Da Ghost

User Info: Pythonidae

Pythonidae
4 months ago#9
I think it's pretty good actually.

With the F2P Bardock team you can beat any story event, dokkan event, quest stages, Boss Rushes, etc.

It's really only E/SBR, IDBH and EZA's that will take you a while to complete on a fresh account.
3DS FC: 2165-5653-3487

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
4 months ago#10
Pythonidae posted...
With the F2P Bardock team you can beat any story event, dokkan event, quest stages, Boss Rushes, etc.

Beating the f2p bardock events isn't hard but taking your first team from your first summon could prove disastrous. There might also be one or two dokkan events he could find tricky. I can imagine TC trying to power through Hirudegarn only using senzu beans
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. How is the new player experience for this game nowadays?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A