• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. Do you use mono-types or category teams for Battlefield/Virtual Dokkan?

User Info: dulldrohl

dulldrohl
1 week ago#11
SuperVegitoFAN posted...
This is the way to go. first stage matches type with the last... and HARDEST stage

MIght have some category boosts active, due to using a duel type lead, ALA LR SS4 goku and LR SSJ Gohan for super agl.
Yep, Ginyu + mono ftw.

(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: RedAhmed

RedAhmed
1 week ago#12
Ozarkk posted...
I've been using mono-type teams because there is too much overlap among the categories for me to make and keep track of the solid teams I want to use. I'm sure I could figure it out if I wrote it all down but don't really have the time for that.
That's the issue I had when I was writing some categories down. I had to switch characters around a lot, since there was quite some overlap. Also, at the end some good characters good left out, because I couldn't get a spot for everyone.

swordz9 posted...
Ginyu Force for first stage and then all mono types
Really? Who'd be the sub-leader? PHY Ginyu?

zak_627 posted...
I use a mix of mono type and category, but it is all dependent on the enemy typing for that season.

I start my team building with stage 3. For the final five fights I will build my strongest mono team of each type in Super and Extreme. That way I have a lead team and a backup. 70 units

Then I look at the special fights. In the most recent Global battlefield that would be Android 19 and Great Saiyaman. Sealers and stunners team for Saiyaman, which a DB Saga team worked out extremely well for. Android 19 would be just left over units with a physical super attacks with type advantage. 14 units

Roshi in the first round can be dealt with with Ginyu Force/Planet Namek Saga. 7 units.

This leaves 21 units for the last two fights in stage 2. I'll mix some mono and category stuff depending on typing. The Nouva Shenron could be easily dealt with by leftover units with type advantage. Cooler was a little bit more tough. This last round he was TEQ, so I made an INT Time Travelers team that handled him pretty easily.

Next season with Babidi, Buu, and Jiren will definitely be tough. I will probably have to change my tactics slightly to account for those three.
Hmmmm... That's a good way to approach this. Gather 5 best teams for level 3 and work from there.

fudawg45 posted...
All mono type teams.

Super agl is particularly broken. SSBE pure saiyan lead and LR SS4 Goku secondary lead. A bunch of goku family pure saiyans for the rest and Buu doesn’t stand a chance.
Yeah, that seems like a good option. I always made the mistake of using my best units from the start. I used some Super AGL units against Roshi.

SuperVegitoFAN posted...
This is the way to go. first stage matches type with the last... and HARDEST stage

MIght have some category boosts active, due to using a duel type lead, ALA LR SS4 goku and LR SSJ Gohan for super agl.
Yeah, Kamehameha + Goku's family has some good AGL units:
LR SSJ4 Goku
LR Gohan
Transforming Goku
SSJ2 Angel Goku
EZA SSJ3 Goku

The other 2 can be any good Super AGL unit like LR Caulifla/Kale, Gogeta etc.

NNID: RedAhmed | Switch FC: 4348 1076 2516 | 3DSFC: 4339 2569 6938 | PSN: RedAhmed48

User Info: dulldrohl

dulldrohl
1 week ago#13
RedAhmed posted...
Really? Who'd be the sub-leader? PHY Ginyu?

STR EZA Kid Gohan or AGL Final Form Frieza

User Info: RedAhmed

RedAhmed
1 week ago#14
dulldrohl posted...
STR EZA Kid Gohan or AGL Final Form Frieza
Oh got it. I'm going to try it out right away.
NNID: RedAhmed | Switch FC: 4348 1076 2516 | 3DSFC: 4339 2569 6938 | PSN: RedAhmed48
Mono, but like with my agl team, I lead with LR AGL Ss4ku and LR SS Gohan. The rest of the team majnly consist of kamehameha and goku family units.
\_o__/
Namek Saga (Namek Goku, AGI FF Frieza, AGI Nail, AGI Piccolo, STR Kid Gohan, Ginyu filler) for the first enemy then mono for all the rest.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Chrebet808

Chrebet808
1 week ago#17
Peppy gals against roshi, giant form against #19 and mono types after that. Occasionally I'll use an all phy majin buu saga team with 120 tenks as sub lead because kid buu makes up for the missing ki with his passive.
I was programmed to kill your ass!

User Info: samxmas

samxmas
1 week ago#18
Monotypes with category leader boost :)

For example Extreme Int resurrected warrior team. Leader AGF sub LR Cell. So all of my team will receive at least 290% atk def boost, with the addition of LR Cell and EZA Int Cell will receive 320% boost

Nintendo 3DS FC: 4570-8696-0014 Switch: 3622-0621-0339 IGN: Sam
Dokkan Battle ID: 1432303189 box: https://dbz.space/box/8450 SamxGFQ

User Info: Joestar

Joestar
1 week ago#19
Mono types. I always save a saiyan team or two for the last few fights just in case I failed.
Next time on dragon ball z

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 week ago#20
Ozarkk posted...
I've been using mono-type teams because there is too much overlap among the categories for me to make and keep track of the solid teams I want to use. I'm sure I could figure it out if I wrote it all down but don't really have the time for that.

This. Apart from Ginyu force for the first stage.

Even having to use all stunner/sealer for Sayiaman or non beam SA for 19 is still possible. And I'm bad at the game and don't have many many key units.

At the moment for example Sayiaman is AGL. Now the elites here one shot him, but I don't have the team for that (and agl Gotenks later)
So I need to use ssg goku (sealer) as a leader and teq bardock ss1 (stunner) as a sub leader along with ult gohan (stunner) Kid gohan w/icarus (stunner), candy Vegito (stunner), Mutaito (sealer) and that peppy gal stunner.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. Do you use mono-types or category teams for Battlefield/Virtual Dokkan?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A