• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. What do you think was the most HYPE banner in Dokkan history?

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
3 weeks ago#1
This banner had the community the MOST hyped ever

For me personally, the Y2 anniversary was the hypest moment in Dokkan history. ESPECIALLY on Global, where we got the SS4 cards AND LR Gohan (who was the best unit in the game at the time) both dropped on the same night on a MUCH better rate ticket banner than JP had on his unfeatured banner.

It would have actually been the SS4 Gogeta / Omega Shenron banner, since SS4 is my favorite transformation and SS4 Gogeta is my favorite fusion in all of Dragon Ball. But they went and screwed him with the stupid "To be released" leader skill nonsense.

I was also hyped like crazy for the LR Gohan / LR Cell banner, but the stupid "balancing" of these units instead of going all out to make them OP kind of put me off a little. I will still say though, all of Gohan's animations and voice acting are my favorite animations in the game (yes, still even more than the LR SSB cards)
Is that Christ bullet ten-tapped?

User Info: NoTrollGaming

NoTrollGaming
3 weeks ago#2
feel like year 3 was

first dfe lrs
first ddf lrs
and their leader skills
and transformations were getting introduced at that time
PSN: NoTrollGaming
Warframe Mastery Rank 19
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: drayzon2016

drayzon2016
3 weeks ago#3
Most hyped: Year 1
Best: Year 5
Dokkan Battle ID: 2678523970 (Global)
Dokkan Battle ID: 1666565937 (JP)

User Info: clgames

clgames
3 weeks ago#4
I put other because the Broly Movie Banners should be on this list. They were both so crazy. I will say year 3 banners were right there though.
Currently playing: FGO 592,086,597, Azur Lane, and Dokkan Battle: ID 2343968484 (global)

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
3 weeks ago#5
clgames posted...
I put other because the Broly Movie Banners should be on this list. They were both so crazy. I will say year 3 banners were right there though.

I can't believe I forgot to put those on the list. Those were so hype, they made me start up a JP account
Is that Christ bullet ten-tapped?

User Info: Chrebet808

Chrebet808
3 weeks ago#6
we crashed the servers for year 2 anniversary in less than 2 minutes. no other banner has come close to that kind of hype
I was programmed to kill your ass!
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: dulldrohl

dulldrohl
3 weeks ago#7
TEzeon431 posted...
I can't believe I forgot to put those on the list. Those were so hype, they made me start up a JP account
Yeah, the Broly banners were hype... but I definitely feel that was artificially inflated (at least in part) due to the general hype from the actual movie lol.

User Info: SSJMewzard

SSJMewzard
3 weeks ago#8
300 Million DL Banner. I got two copies of LR AGL SSJ Gohan. It was a good run.
Why?

User Info: SuperVegitoFAN

SuperVegitoFAN
3 weeks ago#9
NoTrollGaming posted...
feel like year 3 was

first dfe lrs
first ddf lrs
and their leader skills
and transformations were getting introduced at that time

Yeah.

It also came very much out of the blue

Whilst 5th anni is pretty good, it didnt really debut much.. New Category, amazing animations, but not really any mechanics we havent seen before.. AND they where talked about MONTHS in advance

Year 3 was looking like it was gonna be Namek Saga related... and then BAM

LR Goku and Vegeta that fuses to LR Vegito

LR Goku (Angel) and Vegeta (Angel) that fuses to LR Gogeta.

Said Fusion happening in-game, them being DOKKAN FEST LRS, and some amazing animations, for the time (espicially that goddamn close up). No one saw that coming as i recall. NO ONE.
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 51:
"Sometimes You're Wrong."

User Info: SuperVegitoFAN

SuperVegitoFAN
3 weeks ago#10
Chrebet808 posted...
we crashed the servers for year 2 anniversary in less than 2 minutes. no other banner has come close to that kind of hype

Thats because they learned their lesson.

For a long time post 2nd anniversary we had a Pseudo Maintenance for banner releases, where only a select few could get in at the time.
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 51:
"Sometimes You're Wrong."
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. What do you think was the most HYPE banner in Dokkan history?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A