• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. anyone else miss the old days of dokkan sometimes?

User Info: UraRenge2005

UraRenge2005
4 weeks ago#11
No f-ing way.

If you were forced to go back and play that slow-crawling, one potential dot at a time, no elder kai, pre-category, no guaranteed SSR multisummoning, no sorting friends, no effects to collect, sad, sad game...

You’d blow your damn brains out knowing better now. Sure, before when we had no idea and nothing but complaints it was fine. But today, you’d honestly play it for like... 2 days and uninstall it.
My Favorite Dragon Ball characters ranked: https://i.imgtc.com/9ZxpkUn.png All DBZ Movie villains ranked: https://i.imgtc.com/LXpVInL.png

User Info: qwertyboy

qwertyboy
4 weeks ago#12
UraRenge2005 posted...
No f-ing way.

If you were forced to go back and play that slow-crawling, one potential dot at a time, no elder kai, pre-category, no guaranteed SSR multisummoning, no sorting friends, no effects to collect, sad, sad game...

You’d blow your damn brains out knowing better now. Sure, before when we had no idea and nothing but complaints it was fine. But today, you’d honestly play it for like... 2 days and uninstall it.

That summarizes it for me. We've had so many QoL updates over the past 4 years, Dokkan has become an entirely different game.
I'd much rather have the meta we do now, where there's a variety of leaders and teams I can use, instead of basically being limited to STR Gogeta teams only.
"I think he's called the One Punch Man because that's all it took to defeat him." -Goku

User Info: Joestar

Joestar
4 weeks ago#13
Of course nobody wants to lose all the qol updates. I think everyone is talking about gameplay.
Next time on dragon ball z

User Info: qwertyboy

qwertyboy
4 weeks ago#14
Joestar posted...
Of course nobody wants to lose all the qol updates. I think everyone is talking about gameplay.

Exactly, and the QoL updates have changed the gameplay for the better in SO MANY WAYS, it'd be almost impossible to go back.

Think of someone giving you a Galaxy S10, and you spending six months on it, then giving you the original Galaxy S, and making you use that. You'd probably f***ing hate it. Same concept here.
"I think he's called the One Punch Man because that's all it took to defeat him." -Goku

User Info: Joestar

Joestar
4 weeks ago#15
qwertyboy posted...
Joestar posted...

Exactly, and the QoL updates have changed the gameplay for the better in SO MANY WAYS, it'd be almost impossible to go back.

Think of someone giving you a Galaxy S10, and you spending six months on it, then giving you the original Galaxy S, and making you use that. You'd probably f***ing hate it. Same concept here.

I think we are not on the same page here.

When I talk about qol, I am talking about general move speed, shortcuts, extra info, filters, boost for extra drops etc etc. I don't mind those.

When I talk about gameplay, I mean restriction on events, difficulty of events. Those has suffered greatly from power creep. They also lifted some restrictions that made events interesting making it a mindless activity instead of fighting for your life on every fight.
Next time on dragon ball z

User Info: NoTrollGaming

NoTrollGaming
4 weeks ago#16
Literally any game ever, its so hard to get stuff and you get so excited, but when you get it later on its meh

one game would be Clash Royale

getting legendaries 3 years ago was so hard and felt nice, now its a bit easier to get one, and doesn't feel as great since they aren't high levels
My Best Pulls Dokkan Battle!
https://imgur.com/a/jcEme

User Info: SupersayajinK2

SupersayajinK2
4 weeks ago#17
Joestar posted...

QoL updates have affected gameplay. It’s easy to say they miss the old days of Dokkan but it’s really selective memory and missing very specific parts of it and not missing it as a whole. Sure they are some things from the past that were nice but overall, all the little changes have significantly altered the experience.
Now son of Ker-Ry....KNEEL BEFORE ZELL!

User Info: DNC88

DNC88
4 weeks ago#18
One super simple QoL change could make all the difference - allow all types to select from AA, Crit or Dodge for the 'free dupe' +5 ability.

This way, we can spec precisely to each unit's strengths.
PSN - DevilsNeverCry

User Info: Knifegash

Knifegash
4 weeks ago#19
DNC88 posted...
One super simple QoL change could make all the difference - allow all types to select from AA, Crit or Dodge for the 'free dupe' +5 ability.

This way, we can spec precisely to each unit's strengths.

That sounds good, but it'll never be done because that cuts into their profit margin. By forcing a typing to only have one ability from the potential system, it gives people a taste of added benefit, making them crave dupes and thus spend more money. People always talk about how they wish their LR Vegito could crit, or how Hit is optimal with additional attacks, etc.
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. anyone else miss the old days of dokkan sometimes?
  • Topic Archived