You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. why is int goku black considered by some.......

User Info: CloudThunder

CloudThunder
2 days ago#1
to be underwhelming?i know his transformation requirements suck,but is he a bad unit without transforming?
when theres no one left to defend,the world will finally know peace

User Info: ShadowSilver13

ShadowSilver13
2 days ago#2
Nonono, not bad, just not good enough to fit on an optimal Potara Team, for example.

He's got just the right toolset to be very competent, but nothing broken like most recent DFEs. And he fits on Categories with MANY broken options. Optimal RoG and Potara probably won't be running him, in my opinion.

I'm not 100% sure about the whole picture, though. His banner was lit though, mate.
"Pizza Mozzarella, Pizza Mozzarella,
Rella, Rella, Rella, Rella..." -Gyro Zeppeli

User Info: BigPappy09

BigPappy09
2 days ago#3
I've heard similar things. I'm sure it's more underwhelming than bad, but if that is the case, then that's kind of disappointing given how good his category is.

At least his banner is probably the best non-holiday/anniversary Dokkanfest banner ever.

User Info: SSJKaioShin

SSJKaioShin
2 days ago#4
ShadowSilver13 posted...
Nonono, not bad, just not good enough to fit on an optimal Potara Team, for example.

He's got just the right toolset to be very competent, but nothing broken like most recent DFEs. And he fits on Categories with MANY broken options. Optimal RoG and Potara probably won't be running him, in my opinion.

I'm not 100% sure about the whole picture, though. His banner was lit though, mate.

Pretty much this it’s less that he’s underwhelming and more that the units on the categories he fits on are all overwhelming. For RoG and Potara if you have Rosemasu you’re probably better off running AGL Rose because he gives 3 ki from the start
Never argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
He takes a while to rev up in multiple ways. His defense starting out is mediocre until he fires a few supers off, his attack starts out mediocre until he rotates in a few times and gets hit himself, then he also has the 6 turn and 80 percent health requirement. He's by no ways bad (and his defense buff becomes pretty noticeable after just one super) but he's not immensely powerful out of the gate which sours first impressions. You also have to make him main rotation to get the most out of him which means other more useful cards end up floating.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: TalonusKardiac

TalonusKardiac
2 days ago#6
He's int type so can only dodge without dupes. That plays into it.
GFQKarrde; Global ID: 609218503
JP ID: 1771103179
TalonusKardiac posted...
He's int type so can only dodge without dupes. That plays into it.

He has built-in crit chances but he has to get hit first to start raising the percentage chances in base form. Rose form has high chance to crit built-in with no masochism required.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: dulldrohl

dulldrohl
2 days ago#8
Probably the main issue with him is that he's a (seriously) slow starter. It takes him a while to pump himself up.

On the team he leads (Time Travelers), the new WT STR Black is a better option (providing you have LR Trunks/Mai to sub in as lead).
SSJKaioShin posted...
For RoG and Potara if you have Rosemasu you’re probably better off running AGL Rose because he gives 3 ki from the start

Uh, don't you mean STR Rosé?
The world is a diagonal... I am the balancing point.
Dokkan Battle GLB Name and ID: GFQDragonZ / 1038853768

User Info: dulldrohl

dulldrohl
2 days ago#10
chrisscorsese88 posted...
SSJKaioShin posted...
For RoG and Potara if you have Rosemasu you’re probably better off running AGL Rose because he gives 3 ki from the start

Uh, don't you mean STR Rosé?

Either one works, really. Not that you have to choose between Rose and Black.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. why is int goku black considered by some.......