• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. New to Dokkan. Any tips?

User Info: ezio899

ezio899
1 month ago#1
Normally i don't like mobile games cuz 90% of the time they eventually pay wall you but honestly i'm enjoying this one. I built up a pretty heft roster by focusing on w.e Geru tells me and i got lucky with some draws like beserker kale and more. But i don't understand how a lot of people are making game breaking teams xD
PSN:Urabraska

User Info: Belmod

Belmod
1 month ago#2
People say to be really conservative with stones

Apparently even if events are usueless to you, you should still know how to beat the bosses because some b**** will get all pissy if tou complain about the boss lol
Ill romance makoto and cheat on her afterwards with futaba.

User Info: StrykeBlayde

StrykeBlayde
1 month ago#3
ezio899 posted...
Normally i don't like mobile games cuz 90% of the time they eventually pay wall you but honestly i'm enjoying this one. I built up a pretty heft roster by focusing on w.e Geru tells me and i got lucky with some draws like beserker kale and more. But i don't understand how a lot of people are making game breaking teams xD

Well the good thing about this game, is that the JPN version of the game generally gets content 3-5 months ahead of the Global version. This means you have a heads-up of what to expect, what you want to save stones for, etc.

Like currently, pretty much everyone's going to tell you to save your stones until the 4th Anniversary in July. The two main cards being released are Legendary Rare(LR for short) Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Vegeta. They lead really strong/versatile teams and are strong by themselves.

As for how to play, really just don't be afraid to ask questions on here. Some stuff you might learn based on common sense, other stuff might take you awhile to understand. The game-breaking teams part is really just understanding what cards to put where, and the luck to get those cards in the first place.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4049871/
https://dbz.space/box/12973

User Info: Igyzone

Igyzone
1 month ago#4
beginners should focus getting stuff from growth stages.
for stones, go as as far as you can under quests

For teams, grind freebie event units. (Gohan kid who can be EZA'd is your best bet)

Summon only those that are considered "a must".

Go as far as you can get stones from freebie unit teams. Then summon the most wanted ones and...good luck I guess.

User Info: StrykeBlayde

StrykeBlayde
1 month ago#5
Igyzone posted...
beginners should focus getting stuff from growth stages.
for stones, go as as far as you can under quests

For teams, grind freebie event units. (Gohan kid who can be EZA'd is your best bet)

Summon only those that are considered "a must".

Go as far as you can get stones from freebie unit teams. Then summon the most wanted ones and...good luck I guess.

The bolded is a really good place to start. Every Mon-Fri, there's a Ginyu Force character available in the Story Event tab. Without burning Dragon Stones, it'll take a good bit to farm them, but they're entirely Free-to-Play. By getting 14 copies of the card(1 to keep, 9 to increase the SA, 4 to open 'Potential System' paths) and getting them to 100% in the Potential System, you can eventually get a leader for the entire Ginyu Force. This team can legitimately beat most Dokkan Events up to Ultra Instinct Goku.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4049871/
https://dbz.space/box/12973

User Info: Afro_Samurai_IV

Afro_Samurai_IV
1 month ago#6
As tempting as it may be, even if you’re one run away from awakening a character, if you die please don’t use your dragon stones on revives, I regret every time I’ve done it lol 🤦🏾‍♂ .
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen- PSN/Pawn/VocationTenguTh3ory/Sakura/Sorcerer

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
1 month ago#7
Be on the look out for Step Up and Discounts.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

User Info: biako06

biako06
1 month ago#8
Whatever you do, don't use duplicate units to raise super attacks. Not unless you have all orb paths open.

User Info: Afro_Samurai_IV

Afro_Samurai_IV
1 month ago#9
biako06 posted...
Whatever you do, don't use duplicate units to raise super attacks. Not unless you have all orb paths open.

When I was newer I used a Dupe LR vegito to raise my SA.. still stings.
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen- PSN/Pawn/VocationTenguTh3ory/Sakura/Sorcerer

User Info: TalonusKardiac

TalonusKardiac
1 month ago#10
Is Berserk Kale your strongest unit out if interest? At this early stage it may be worth picking up a good reroll account from someone.
GFQKarrde; Global ID: 609218503
JP ID: 1771103179
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. New to Dokkan. Any tips?
  • Topic Archived