• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. JP Dokkan Battle Discussion #49: The F2P, the Whale, and the Shafted.

User Info: BipBapBam

BipBapBam
4 weeks ago#1
Let the shaft continue~

First time I do 2 in a row. GOML~
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all.
Endy-wendy is just tsuny-wuny for the loli-wolis~! :D - Endgame

User Info: Hayato Nekketsu

Hayato Nekketsu
4 weeks ago#2
Dokkan events need a Super2 difficulty with more medal drops. I exhausted my Bardock medals on the AGI ones and going to be nearly out of stamina before I get 77 for my INT one. :/

User Info: hypnoticspector

hypnoticspector
4 weeks ago#3
the 77 medal / 11 stage run grind is rough. i would prefer to see an almost EZA style battle but instead of exiting out every KO, it just keeps going until you either beat it or die. dying still gives you medals, so if your teams are weak, you can still accumulate medals like the old way. enemy gets stronger each round, and gains abilities and all that, and there are bonus prizes for beating the final stage. it should take about an hour or so to beat the whole thing with a good team, roughly what it was before, but in [imo] a more palatable format. could even have story-related characters pop in at intervals like a bonus round. maybe even have a condition to win the card for f2p players, and make dupes even more valuable somehow for p2p.

with this type of system, it would feel a lot more like battling, conquering, and then controlling the shiny new unit as opposed to doing the same ole grind for the eleventy gorillionth time.
"Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down."
Michael Ellner

User Info: SuperVegito2487

SuperVegito2487
4 weeks ago#4
BipBapBam posted...
First time I do 2 in a row. GOML~

Pretty sure i closed the last one... with the belief Pythonidae would make the new one.

@hypnoticspector

i just want a new difficulty, that drops 14 medals, and another that drops 21, and then have them much more difficult. Keep the current ones, newer ones are just an option for stronger teams

14 medals stage should be difficult enough that even high end teams need to use an item.

21 should be tough enough that even top tier whaled teams need to use items.

Maybe my balancing is off, but something like that.

Give the enemy more hp/more phases as well and this would also make transforming units more appealing.. as well as kaioken effect units like TEQ VB
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 51:
"Sometimes You're Wrong."
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Hayato Nekketsu

Hayato Nekketsu
4 weeks ago#5
Yay, now my SSJ3 team is finally complete.. just in time for nobody to ever use Bardock as a lead again.
I still despite this friend system. Why can't it use something like Fate/Go?

edit: realized the other day that Morphgeta restarts the music when he transforms so it doesn't play the previous phase's track if done at the start of anew phase. Do Goku and Frieza do that now too?
(edited 4 weeks ago)

hypnoticspector
4 weeks ago#6
SuperVegito2487 posted...
Give the enemy more hp/more phases as well and this would also make transforming units more appealing.. as well as kaioken effect units like TEQ VB

that's exactly why i want one to be like EZA, but just a continuous endless battle style gauntlet. units that keep stacking stats and heal become key to get to the end.
Michael Ellner

User Info: Pythonidae

Pythonidae
4 weeks ago#7
These threads keep hitting 500 when I'm not online lol.

finalshadowx2 posted...
Well. I am liking this team so far.

https://i.imgtc.com/BqDOSBW.jpg

Only reason I run TEQ SSB over AGL SSBE is because his passive gives AGL MV a huge boost. He also links better with MV and Trunks due to having Royal Lineage and Shattering the Limit.

Rotation
LR SSJ4 - PHY SSJ Vegeta
LR MV - LR Trunks

Same team as mine lol, except no Transforming Vegeta for me so I use Bra instead.
3DS FC: 2165-5653-3487

User Info: SuperVegito2487

SuperVegito2487
4 weeks ago#8
hypnoticspector posted...

that's exactly why i want one to be like EZA, but just a continuous endless battle style gauntlet. units that keep stacking stats and heal become key to get to the end.

So like a Survival mode?

That could be cool as well, but can we keep the phases, so the enemy can still transform, or tag in, or fuse?

hypnoticspector
4 weeks ago#9
So like a Survival mode?

That could be cool as well, but can we keep the phases, so the enemy can still transform, or tag in, or fuse?

yes! i don't know if you ever played any of the disgaea series, but you were able to enter endless dungeons of the characters and items to power them up. i really like that type of system. it could be DBS themed with whis/grand priest training you inside to breakthrough, like ultra instinct. EZA are 30+ battles, boss rush is a series of a series of battles, battlefield is a series of battles, i want something that's 30+ phases. ideally 99+ up to 999. items wouldn't matter a ton, beyond enemy gimmick management. i want to see the kaioken stacking type units get to cap damage.
Michael Ellner
hypnoticspector posted...
i want to see the kaioken stacking type units get to cap damage.

People have done that on the semi invincible enemies.

Takes 99 turns.. as thats how long kaioken effects last.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. JP Dokkan Battle Discussion #49: The F2P, the Whale, and the Shafted.
  • Topic Closed