You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. Transforming units... When will we get 'good' ones again? :(

User Info: Gargore

Gargore
1 week ago#1
This is not to say that transformations suck, they don't... But the transformations themselves are USELESS 90% of the time. Now these are the big ones.

Buu Transform starting from the 5th turn from the start of battle:
Absorb Piccolo when HP is 49% or below
Absorb SS3 Gotenks when HP is between 50% and 79%
Absorb Ultimate Gohan when HP is between 80% and 100%

Gogeta Starting from 5th turn

Vegeta 30% chance to Evolve starting from the 4th turn from the start of battle

Goku Black Transform when HP is 80% or above, starting from the 6th turn from the start of battle

Then the infamous gogeta and vegito LRs.

My point is, that the turn requirements for these units... It's annoying, then locking some of them behind an HP barrier....

I wish they would go back to the awesome gimmick that is UI Goku, or even scale the turns back to 3 with how Frieza and Goku are...

This is mostly just a rant.

User Info: StrykeBlayde

StrykeBlayde
1 week ago#2
Well Goku and Frieza both transform quickly specifically because they have multiple transformations to work through. The others transforming later make sense since it's a one-and-done thing, and Dokkan events nowadays are generally going to last long enough to give you a couple of chances.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4049871/
https://dbz.space/box/12973

User Info: powerporing

powerporing
1 week ago#3
The Goku Black one is the worst you have to be healthy to transform and it takes 6 turns unlike the Fusion and Potara LRs which have a more achievable Life Threshold easily reachable by playing normally that also serves as a free senzu or dende.

I have to go out of my way to heal myself just so I can go SUBARASHI on my Ningen enemies
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Burchyplus

Burchyplus
1 week ago#4
The transformation "meta" really makes me laugh in this game as it does not flow well with the games hardest content SBR due to the requirements being reset after every match. In SBR rounds don't tend to last that long and when they do you probably don't need them to transform at that point.

The only transforming unit that I've found useful in SBR is Turles and UI goku since they don't have round requirements.
Why loot boxes are the worst thing in gaming:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/207946-star-wars-battlefront-ii/76036841/891196567

User Info: samxmas

samxmas
1 week ago#5
that's why you go chase Phy Movie Broly in 2 days TC. he will guaranteed to transform on the 4th turn which is perfect for your description. 4 turns is like 2 rotations lol
Nintendo 3DS FC: 4570-8696-0014 Switch: 3622-0621-0339 IGN: Sam
Dokkan Battle ID: 1432303189 box: https://dbz.space/box/8450 SamxGFQ

User Info: thepro189

thepro189
1 week ago#6
agreed.

content needs to get harder. by hard i mean more health bars. introduce 15 health bars.

User Info: Zinle_san

Zinle_san
1 week ago#7
Gargore posted...
Goku Black Transform when HP is 80% or above, starting from the 6th turn from the start of battle

Some people like to see him as a support unit due that nice KI +3 to E-allies once transformed, but personally I just... Can't...
Sure, the boost to allies - while still doing really great numbers himself - is nice especiall in his Element, but he is pretty much like the Fusion LR duo. By the time you have enough turns in the fight you're most likely either done or close to anyway...

Meh... Maybe just a personal issue, but I honestly can't see myself pulling for this guy. ...Especially after getting the Trunks-Mai. Hard hitters I have enough already and there's honestly not a team I'd pick this guy over STR Rosé due the actual support he offers. Sure, this is Black and not Rosé, per-se, but point being that I don't really need an upgrade to my PHY Black that ends up collecting dust in most cases, just like him.

Gargore posted...
Buu Transform starting from the 5th turn from the start of battle:

Buu is probably the one I have most issues with regarding to Transform units... The five turns is a nice enough compensation imo - especially since he is a floater on my team - but the issue comes with his forms...
Most of the time he'll probably turn into Buutenks who works fine if you have Android 21 inflicting the ATK down. Buuhan is good mid-way between Buutenks and Buuccolo, but most of the time (again, especially since I like to run Buus as floaters) I/we want him to turn to Buuccolo for the floating support unit. ...But GL getting there really...

Some of my issues with Buu I could look past if Buu himself (before transforming) would have even a 7% HP regeneration. Yeah, he has nice passive boost, immense damage super and he lowers ATK and DEF with it, but personally I just... Can't help but to see him as "poor-mans-hard-hitting-STR 21" ...Not the best term to use, I agree, but I guess you get my point.

Burchyplus posted...
The transformation "meta" really makes me laugh in this game as it does not flow well with the games hardest content SBR due to the requirements being reset after every match. In SBR rounds don't tend to last that long and when they do you probably don't need them to transform at that point.

Pretty much.
On some maps they can be worked with, especially with Potara and Majin Buu where you can turtle the turns required before finishing the match, but then there's the likes of Fusion that may have some trouble geting the required turns for free heal. Another example would be the Buu who could simply transform to a form your team works least best with and/or is the worst one for the current situation at hand.

On the other hand some of these are fair-enough tough, like SSB Gogeta imo.
Due the 'Gogeta mechanic' and getting the 20 AA he is gonna wreck haveoc even before transforming and once he does he is just gonna annihilate everything with his crits. Plus, as said, the five turns ain't all that bad.

But yes, in general some transformations are... really debatable SBR wise.
3DS friend code: 4398-9791-1950 // Switch friend code:SW-8152-8329-5512
PSN account: TheZinle // Dokkan box: https://dbz.space/box/21108

User Info: DNC88

DNC88
1 week ago#8
If Broly and Gogeta are anything to go by, they are learning at least.
PSN - DevilsNeverCry

User Info: samxmas

samxmas
1 week ago#9
@DNC88 posted...

I hope instead of learning, they get rid of it completely to be honest.

I'd like to see Gogeta Blue art all the time compared to SSJ Gogeta -> Blue Gogeta

The worst contender is Transza and Transku, they looked like SR lol
Nintendo 3DS FC: 4570-8696-0014 Switch: 3622-0621-0339 IGN: Sam
Dokkan Battle ID: 1432303189 box: https://dbz.space/box/8450 SamxGFQ

User Info: DNC88

DNC88
1 week ago#10
samxmas posted...
@DNC88 posted...

I hope instead of learning, they get rid of it completely to be honest.

I'd like to see Gogeta Blue art all the time compared to SSJ Gogeta -> Blue Gogeta

The worst contender is Transza and Transku, they looked like SR lol

Yeah, I think multiple transforming units like those guys especially are dumb. I like them but they basically NEVER reach their full potential. It's like the LR Vegito/Gogeta as well. On the 'optimal' team, you will almost never be low enough on HP to trigger the fusion (or in the case of SBR, you'll be KO'd beforehand).

Given the new 'active skills' that come with the Y4 cards, I suspect that future transforming units will utilise an 'after so many turns, can trigger active skill: Transform' for example.

It's crazy how transforming is so intertwined into DBZ and beyond, and it took SO LONG to implement it into this game, and they still somehow messed it up.
PSN - DevilsNeverCry
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. Transforming units... When will we get 'good' ones again? :(