• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. What units need dupes the most to shine?

User Info: BigPappy09

BigPappy09
2 months ago#1
Basically, I'm asking which units you think are relatively underwhelming without any dupes, but become significantly better when they get 1-2 dupes.

1. Teq Vegito Blue - He hits decently well if he supers 2-3 times, but not near as well as I would like for the lack of defense. The biggest problem with him is LR VB. He hits just as hard and tanks astronomically better. Kind of sucks that a dupeless Teq Vegito Blue barely gets any use.
2. Phy Super Vegito - As much as everyone hyped up this unit, I was probably more underwhelmed by him than any unit I've pulled. He didn't hit as hard as I thought it would, and he didn't tank near as well as I thought. With a couple of dupes, I've seen both of those sentiments change drastically.
3. Teq Super Buu - Maybe an odd choice, but his healing was mostly underwhelming when I first pulled him. Now that he has three dupes, he was 2nd to Cell for my MVP of finally beating the Ext Teq SBR.

User Info: ShadowSilver13

ShadowSilver13
2 months ago#2
Yep, I'll confirm PHY Super Vegito. Thought he kinda sucked before I pulled a dupe on the New Year Banner, now he's pretty nice to have
"Pizza Mozzarella, Pizza Mozzarella,
Rella, Rella, Rella, Rella..." -Gyro Zeppeli

User Info: swordz9

swordz9
2 months ago#3
Every DF Vegito card

User Info: SSJKaioShin

SSJKaioShin
2 months ago#4
Any unit with guaranteed counters or additional attacks perform way better once you get their crit level maxed out.
Never argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

User Info: Srk700

Srk700
2 months ago#5
swordz9 posted...
Every DF Vegito card

This.

AGL SV was the only that didn't feel underwhelming without dupes when he came out, but that was also before the potential system was even a thing. Though it's because of the potential system that he's aged as well as he has.

Most cards with built in AA also feel a little underwhelming until they get dupes into them.

STR 21 also needs dupes to be great, as her damage is underwhelming without dupes, even when transformed.

User Info: BigPappy09

BigPappy09
2 months ago#6
Srk700 posted...
swordz9 posted...
Every DF Vegito card

This.

AGL SV was the only that didn't feel underwhelming without dupes when he came out, but that was also before the potential system was even a thing. Though it's because of the potential system that he's aged as well as he has.

Most cards with built in AA also feel a little underwhelming until they get dupes into them.

STR 21 also needs dupes to be great, as her damage is underwhelming without dupes, even when transformed.

Man, I had no idea that there used to not be a hidden potential system. So essentially, if you got a specific unit to SA10, it would be completely useless to pull ANY copies of that unit.

User Info: Hayato Nekketsu

Hayato Nekketsu
2 months ago#7
It used to be you couldn't even raise SAs without Kais or the EXACT card dupe needed either. The ability to use same named but different cards came later.

User Info: Sub-ZeroMKA

Sub-ZeroMKA
2 months ago#8
Every INT unit
Sub0GFQ 744582874
Current Lead: PHY 17 (0 dupes)

User Info: TheOzman

TheOzman
2 months ago#9
phy Super Vegito definitely.
I have him rainbowed he hits alot more but still underwhelmed since he needs to be attacked 10 times.
Hero of Justice

User Info: OMGWYATT

OMGWYATT
2 months ago#10
Basically any primary damage dealer that isn’t STR or TEQ (they still want dupes, they’re just affected less typically) since having AA/Crit can drastically change how a unit works, ie units that counter, have natural high crit chance.
FE Heroes: 4073379790
Dokkan (Global): 1906924533
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. What units need dupes the most to shine?
  • Topic Archived