• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. Hmm... As expected. Pure Saiyan team building is hard

User Info: samxmas

samxmas
1 week ago#1
Can you guys help?
https://imgur.com/a/EdzjlIq

Tried
LR SBRku
Agl Turles
Agl Majita
Agl SS3ku
Agl Tora
Int SS3dock

But it feels not as great as the other team.

Wanna try putting UI Goku to link with SS3dock but he's 0 dupe

Wanna try a full OiaF team but Double SS3dock team is much better and they can't link with SSBE

Hmm... I'm stuck
Nintendo 3DS FC: 4570-8696-0014 Switch: 3622-0621-0339 IGN: Sam
Dokkan Battle ID: 1432303189 box: https://dbz.space/box/8450 SamxGFQ

User Info: dulldrohl

dulldrohl
1 week ago#2
The team will always feel underwhelming because you're only going to have a 230% ATK boost... that's less than a dual 120% team.

You can run an OiaF build if you keep SSBE linked with either SSBKK Goku (they share 2 Ki and 35% ATK through links, and SSBKK can be your link bridge) or SSJ3 Bardock.

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
1 week ago#3
You can make similar to what I'm using just minus SSBE

INT SBR Goku
UI Goku
SSj3 Bardock
SSj4 Goku
SSj4 Vegeta
Turles
Friend SSBE

Both the INT SBR Goku and Turles will float so it doesn't effect anything that Goku only buffs super types.

Rotation 1 is absolutely double SSj4s. You can't not super with them and they have Saiyan Roar, SSj and FB which adds a ton to their attack. Add turles or Goku's buff to that and they'll do massive damage.

Rotation 2 will be Bardock + either UI or friend SSBE depending on event and dupe situation.

You could run Majeta over UI, but obviously SBRku won't do anything for him.
Thanks for saving fighting games Goku!

User Info: Colonel_Snitsky

Colonel_Snitsky
1 week ago#4
hyjinx17 posted...

INT SBR Goku
UI Goku
SSj3 Bardock
SSj4 Goku
SSj4 Vegeta
Turles
Friend SSBE

Both the INT SBR Goku and Turles will float so it doesn't effect anything that Goku only buffs super types.

Rotation 1 is absolutely double SSj4s. You can't not super with them and they have Saiyan Roar, SSj and FB which adds a ton to their attack. Add turles or Goku's buff to that and they'll do massive damage.

Rotation 2 will be Bardock + either UI or friend SSBE depending on event and dupe situation.

I’d go with that team too, looking at the cards you got.
Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can. Everything is going dark, I don't feel good Mr. Stark, hey now, there went the Spider-Man.

samxmas
1 week ago#5
@dulldrohl posted...
The team will always feel underwhelming because you're only going to have a 230% ATK boost... that's less than a dual 120% team.

You can run an OiaF build if you keep SSBE linked with either SSBKK Goku (they share 2 Ki and 35% ATK through links, and SSBKK can be your link bridge) or SSJ3 Bardock.

Thanks, but SSBKK? Isn't that unit is severely outdated lol. Don't you think I will feel more underwhelmed using him? :D

@Colonel_Snitsky
@hyjinx17 posted...

INT SBR Goku
UI Goku
SSj3 Bardock
SSj4 Goku
SSj4 Vegeta
Turles
Friend SSBE

Sounds good. Many 0 dupe unit but maybe it'll be fun. I'll decide what to do with UI Goku after some testing though because I felt like that unit is underwhelming, hope I'm wrong. Thanks

User Info: dulldrohl

dulldrohl
1 week ago#6
@samxmas

SSBKK is definitely outdated as far as damage output goes, but he's the glue you would need to run your Pure Saiyans with an OiaF build. He's probably SSBE's best linking partner from among the units in your box, too.

If you don't want to do the OiaF build, then the other team that's been listed is probably your best bet.

Pure Saiyans just isn't that amazing of a team due to the percentage distribution on SSBE (AGL Broly's only a 120 lead, so that's not really a help). With having to use a leader with worse boosts than SSBE, the team's simply sub-par compared to what you're used to running now lol.

User Info: fudawg45

fudawg45
1 week ago#7
UI Goku has been amazing for me. Tanks hits well and beats face hard. Once he transforms I’ve had some hit or miss experiences, but when you get a bunch of dodges in a row it feels great.

samxmas
1 week ago#8
@dulldrohl posted...
@samxmas

SSBKK is definitely outdated as far as damage output goes, but he's the glue you would need to run your Pure Saiyans with an OiaF build. He's probably SSBE's best linking partner from among the units in your box, too.

If you don't want to do the OiaF build, then the other team that's been listed is probably your best bet.

Pure Saiyans just isn't that amazing of a team due to the percentage distribution on SSBE (AGL Broly's only a 120 lead, so that's not really a help). With having to use a leader with worse boosts than SSBE, the team's simply sub-par compared to what you're used to running now lol.

I guess lol. I'm used to 130% atk because of my former favorite team, hybrid saiyan though

My Pure Saiyan selection is not that great, maybe that's the problem

@fudawg45 posted...
UI Goku has been amazing for me. Tanks hits well and beats face hard. Once he transforms I’ve had some hit or miss experiences, but when you get a bunch of dodges in a row it feels great.

My UI Goku has 0 dupe, so maybe that's why he's sub par to my book lol

User Info: Colonel_Snitsky

Colonel_Snitsky
1 week ago#9
@samxmas str godku links and boosts UI goku tremendously btw, but you’ve got a lot of better options to boost your team in other ways.
Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can. Everything is going dark, I don't feel good Mr. Stark, hey now, there went the Spider-Man.

samxmas
1 week ago#10
After a few trial and error. I think I found my best pure saiyan team:

https://i.imgtc.com/beJQ8dg.png

Rotation:
SS4 Vegeta + Tora
SS3dock + SSBE Vegeta

Best linking partner for Vegeta is Tora.
Saiyan pride + saiyan roar + passive boost = 70% atk boost for SS4 Vegeta

If SS4 Vegeta is placed on the middle, he will gain fierce battle for 85% boost

If sandwiched between SS3 Goku and Tora, he will gain 118 atk boost lol

Then I decided to put 3 Apes to maximize Tora's healing. 18% heal is great because I always at full health because of it

Tora debuff atk
Agl Apeles Stun
SS3dock Seal

So the triple debuff is in one team

I managed to beat the boss rush 6 without using any items. But the game decode to transform Tora and crash the game at the last moment -_-

https://i.imgtc.com/v68EAet.png

Sigh @M1Astray

Anyway. I will stick to this team atm. Thanks for the suggestion guys
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. Hmm... As expected. Pure Saiyan team building is hard
  • Topic Archived