• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. Why does the fusion category seem abysmal?

User Info: DarkBuster22904

DarkBuster22904
9 months ago#11
ThePrinceFish posted...
Perhaps if I had INT Gogeta lowering enemy ATK it would be a little better,

It really isnt.

Simple fact is the game has grown to punish glass cannons more than it used to. With tougher bosses hitting six, seven, eight times per round, every team needs at least one or two members who can take a hit reliably. Fusions has lr gogeta, and that's it. Ssj4 can do alright with normal attacks sometimes, but his dodge for supers is too unreliable, and he takes decent damage from them. Anyone else is getting beaned, and with all three members getting hit multiple times, you're gonna get hurt.

Again, the game's too easy atm for this to be a real problem yet, but gi e it a few months. The gap will get noticeable.
There's somethin' strange on the message board.
Who you gonna call?

User Info: Street_Overlord

Street_Overlord
9 months ago#12
The potara team having access to Zamasu and Goku Black cards is just too much of a gap.

User Info: wutzgood

wutzgood
9 months ago#13
Fusion and shadow dragon are similar that they have a very limited cat but if you have the few great cards they are excellent.
I am wutz good

User Info: SchoolRumble

SchoolRumble
9 months ago#14
potara just has too much healing/tanking/countering, theres no reason to worry about anything when playing. i dont even HAVE any counters, except when they fuse, and i have little to no difficulty beating anything
lol

User Info: Alligamer76

Alligamer76
9 months ago#15
Fusions is actually really really good, it's just that it's more restrictive and has less leniency compared to potara for "optimal" teams.
And if we were to save the day we know it's not our victory no, we'll just sit here with our golden smiles, and scarlet heart.

User Info: clgames

clgames
9 months ago#16
MelloXIII posted...
The way I see it my ultimate team with fusion lead is
LR Gogeta
PHY SSJ Gotenks
PHY KALE
PHY Vegito Blue
STR Gogeta
Then either PHY BROLY/PHY SSJ3 BROLY/PHY FRIEZA

The reason it may seem underwhelming is you are running a very lackluster team for Fusion. I'm not trying to be insulting by saying that, but if you are running that then you probably don't have the units to make it amazing. Your team looks more like you are trying to make Super Phy, and only three of the units on your team are getting the full lead buff. You are missing:

-Phy SS3 Gotenks
-Int SS Gogeta
-Tech SS4 Gogeta
-Int Pandel

The team is crazy strong and obliterates everything just like Potara, but Potara is a better team due to it being more well-rounded as others have said.
Currently playing DFFOO, KHUX, and Dokkan Battle

User Info: Old_Solidus

Old_Solidus
9 months ago#17
There are also no LRs in this category except the lead. Don't mention oBtimal Trunks, he's there exactly because Fusion is horribly understaffed
From A to Zed. The original Zed main since Level 1. Learn with Zed, Conquer with Zed
Dokkan: Snake (GFQ Members don't delete please)

User Info: TheOzman

TheOzman
9 months ago#18
The good part about that team is that LR Gogeta actually has a chance to transform.
While doing LR SV event I transformed at the last fight everytime.

So there's that

User Info: ThePrinceFish

ThePrinceFish
9 months ago#19
I really, really wish Pandel gave a def boost as well. That might help make the team def slightly more sturdy than wet paper.
Dielman on Rivers: "I've tried to get him to say s--- or f--- and all he'll ever do is say, 'Golly gee, I can't do that."

User Info: kuroi

kuroi
9 months ago#20
Wait, is LR Trunks actually good on this team? I hadn't even thought about it. Should I replace PHY Sealtenks or STR Gotenks?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. Why does the fusion category seem abysmal?
  • Topic Archived