The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Other than graphical improvements, what changed from PS2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  3. Other than graphical improvements, what changed from PS2?

User Info: m1x4h_PSN

m1x4h_PSN
2 years ago#1
Just curious.
I owned, never played Odin Sphere on PS2.
PSN: m1x4h
GGXrd mostly, but I'll play almost any fighting game if I own it.

User Info: cynicalsaint

cynicalsaint
2 years ago#2
Almost everything except the story (as far as I can tell).
Like the basic ideas are all there, but everything has been streamlined and improved in countless ways.
Combat is more fluid, less clunky, has new moves, special attacks have been redone almost completely.
The inventory system is reworked, the way alchemy works is reworked.

Its almost a completely new game.
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN/Steam - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ battle.net - cynicalsaint#1360

User Info: DrLight66

DrLight66
2 years ago#3
-Camera is more zoomed out and widescreened so you have a way better field of view

-Framerate is pretty much a locked 60fps without the crippling slowdown that occurred during many parts of the original game

-Trophies

- new enemies, new mid-bosses, new areas, new skills, new items, new food, etc. etc

- map and exploration throughout rooms is now like Muramasa's where it's kinda like a MetroidVania style game

- Graphics are in true 1080p resolution with newly added details and effects

- Boss Rush mode

- Classic Mode is the original game but with the HD graphics, Refined Mode is what most people are playing which has the newly added content, trophies and also the combat is much faster like Muramasa's

User Info: m1x4h_PSN

m1x4h_PSN
2 years ago#4
So original story, completely new game is what I'm gathering
PSN: m1x4h
GGXrd mostly, but I'll play almost any fighting game if I own it.

User Info: Raven_Shikumi

Raven_Shikumi
2 years ago#5
Not even remotely true.

The game is recognizably Odin Sphere. The only large change is to the combat.

It's no longer stamina based, the pow gauge is used for certain special attacks instead of being used up during basic attacks.

But outside of that, its the same game. All the other changes are small tweaks to make the ui more friendly.

They are not game changing in any way shape or form.

There's maybe 2 or 3 new enemies.

The person who claimed the map progression is different is bulls***ting.

Just a s*** f*** of hyperbole and its disgustingly misleading.

The game even includes the original. You can't just make s*** up. Its not pre release anymore

User Info: DivineCrawd2000

DivineCrawd2000
2 years ago#6
Raven_Shikumi posted...
Not even remotely true.

It's no longer stamina based, the pow gauge is used for certain special attacks instead of being used up during basic attacks.

But outside of that, its the same game. All the other changes are small tweaks to make the ui more friendly.

They are not game changing in any way shape or form.

There's maybe 2 or 3 new enemies.

The person who claimed the map progression is different is bulls***ting.

Just a s*** f*** of hyperbole and its disgustingly misleading.

The game even includes the original. You can't just make s*** up. Its not pre release anymore

Come on now, the changes they made to this game were pretty big, it really feels like a new game. I played and beat the orignal Odin Sphere and this game feels really good. While the PS2 version was great, it had tons of slowdown and was a technical mess. This games upgrade system feels better, the combat is even deeper than Dragon's Crown and that's saying something.

And what's wrong with having the original game with it. It sounds like you just want to be angry just to be angry.
Xbox Tag: ED ESTL PSN: SBChuck
Street Fighter V Mains: Chun-Li and Laura

User Info: EchoPianist

EchoPianist
2 years ago#7
Raven_Shikumi posted...
Not even remotely true.

But outside of that, its the same game. All the other changes are small tweaks to make the ui more friendly

I don't think you've even played the original...
FFRK Roaming Warrior | Yuna - Trigger Happy: r1ui

User Info: GreenMean

GreenMean
2 years ago#8
This is frustrating. I'm trying to figure out which mode, classic or refined, I'm going to play when I get the game. On this board you get very different impressions on how much have changed. Everything or just the stamina/pow bar.

New attacks? How many? Like in estimation how many attacks where there before and how many attacks are there now? One new move for each character? Or maybe all special attacks you can shortcut are new?

Give me some perspective here please. I think all moves costing stamina sounds like a good idea since the easy infinite combos of the demo felt like a one hit win system.
PSN: PlanktonPutte

User Info: LovableTraitor

LovableTraitor
2 years ago#9
Play Refined Mode. There really shouldn't be any question about that. It's better.

GreenMean posted...
Give me some perspective here please. I think all moves costing stamina sounds like a good idea since the easy infinite combos of the demo felt like a one hit win system.

What you are describing isn't really an issue. Early game is easy and you can get away with that. Later on, enemies can knock you out of combos without much trouble if you just try to mash attack over and over without learning how to actually play (there are exceptions) and some attacks can completely liquidate your health if you just try to take it. Don't get me wrong, it isn't that hard of a game by any means, but you aren't going to infinite juggle every enemy with the square button.

User Info: GreenMean

GreenMean
2 years ago#10
LovableTraitor posted...
Play Refined Mode. There really shouldn't be any question about that. It's better.

GreenMean posted...

What you are describing isn't really an issue. Early game is easy and you can get away with that. Later on, enemies can knock you out of combos without much trouble if you just try to mash attack over and over without learning how to actually play (there are exceptions) and some attacks can completely liquidate your health if you just try to take it. Don't get me wrong, it isn't that hard of a game by any means, but you aren't going to infinite juggle every enemy with the square button.

This sounds a bit better. Refined it is. Thanks for the info!
PSN: PlanktonPutte
  1. Boards
  2. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  3. Other than graphical improvements, what changed from PS2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived