You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
  3. No digital version for the PS4 in PSN?

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
3 months ago#1
I noticed it's no longer available on the PSN. I even made a search, and all I saw was Hacker's Memory and Next Order.
I might try Fire Emblem: Three Houses when it releases.
Why? I can punch people with fist weapons in an FE. I want to cold-cock an evil dragon in the face.

User Info: Mugendramon

Mugendramon
3 months ago#2
The digital releases of Cyber Sleuth have been removed from American and European PS Stores, they've been apparently discontinued in the digital format for the West like had happened with the PS3's Digimon All-Star Rumble game in the past, likely a time/license thing that commonly happens with many other Bandai Namco games.

All things considered, for Cyber Sleuth your best bet is to go with a physical PS4 copy but I do recommend that you get a physical European copy, why?
Long story short: because you should still have the option to acquire the free DLC packs for that particular version of the game with certain preparations (the following won't be compatible with American copies of CS, however), assuming you didn't get your region's DLC for this game before.

This is made possible because I noticed that the digital PS4 version of Cyber Sleuth is still currently available for Southeast Asian PS Stores, such as the one from Singapore:

https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/EP0700-CUSA03185_00-ASIABERSLEUTH001

Scroll below into "Add-Ons" for the four DLC packs, you can quickly create a secondary PSN account for Singapore to freely download those DLC packs before they get axed; this content currently appears to be the last English instance of the DLC to be currently distributed on PS Store to new customers so those with the slightest interest should by all means haul ass to grab it while you can!
(And while going at it I also recommend grabbing the free DLCs for both Digimon World: Next Order as well as the latest Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory even if you currently don't have those games.)

The Southeast Asian version of Cyber Sleuth is effectively an European copy under the hood, so if you grab the SEA DLC you should be able to download and install it on your console through your SEA account and then simply swap back to your main PSN account to use it alongside your European physical copy.

I've just tried the above with my physical European copy and the SEA DLC installed normally.

Additionally, although a bit of a different story, until 05/02/2021 (I'm assuming 5 of February, 2021) you should still be able to redeem one of the European early-purchase DLC codes if you happen to come across one of the European physical Cyber Sleuth Day 1 versions with an unused DLC code (they have a yellow and black sticker on the cover indicating they come with a Day 1 bonus inside) but good luck getting one of those at this point.

If you do manage to get one of those then you'll similarly have to set up a separate European PSN account to allow you to actually redeem the code and to download the DLC if your main account is of a different region.

I just tried to and successfully managed to install the regular SEA Cyber Sleuth free DLC together with my European "Beginning Head-Start" DLC (the one with Agumon (Black) + Gabumon (Black) and others).

If you do get an European copy of Cyber Sleuth then I also recommend you get an European copy of Hacker's Memory for the carry over bonuses in the latter, more information here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/207680-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory/76384631#3

For the PS Vita's case there was a rare (and long discontinued) English physical Vita release as well but it might simply be best to get a much cheaper PS4 physical copy instead.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
3 months ago#3
Oh okay.
I might try Fire Emblem: Three Houses when it releases.
Why? I can punch people with fist weapons in an FE. I want to cold-cock an evil dragon in the face.

User Info: revan193

revan193
3 weeks ago#4
Damn it, the PS Vita version is gone... Now I'm screwed if I want to get Imperialdramon PM with my physical Asian version of the game...

User Info: revan193

revan193
3 weeks ago#5
False alarm, turns out the mission that unlocks the Imperialdramon PM Digivolution is not a DLC.

Also, I realized something weird: the game is now only available on PS4 through the Singapore PSN but the Japanese PSN only has the PS Vita version.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
  3. No digital version for the PS4 in PSN?