• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Darkantuan

Darkantuan
8 months ago#1
There's no way to not die, I had to reload my save FOUR TIMES to get passed it. No problem solving, no "decision", you literally HAVE to die/lose multiple times. I like the puzzle solving and ACTUAL decision making, but I don't want to play a game that forces the player to get multiple game over screens just to progress. If there's more stupid moments like this in the game, then warn me now so I can uninstall it.

User Info: Supercuaco666

Supercuaco666
8 months ago#2
You automatically win on the 3rd try IIRC. Ypu shouldn't have reloaded.
Wash your hands before eating.

Darkantuan
8 months ago#3
Supercuaco666 posted...

I already uninstalled the game. I looked it up and it forces you to get game overs throughout the game just to unlock other choices. Turns out its just not the game im looking for.

Supercuaco666
8 months ago#4
Darkantuan posted...
Supercuaco666 posted...

I already uninstalled the game. I looked it up and it forces you to get game overs throughout the game just to unlock other choices. Turns out its just not the game im looking for.

Weird reason but ok. It's just the kind of game it is (exploring all paths).

Darkantuan
8 months ago#5
Supercuaco666 posted...
Darkantuan posted...
Supercuaco666 posted...

It's not a weird reason, it should be easy to see why some people would be frustrated by being forced to get a game over all the time.

Supercuaco666
8 months ago#6
Darkantuan posted...
Supercuaco666 posted...
Darkantuan posted...
Supercuaco666 posted...

It's not a weird reason, it should be easy to see why some people would be frustrated by being forced to get a game over all the time.

Sorry, I don't see it. Bad endings shouldn't be frustrating if you understand that you are intended to see them (i.e. you aren't doing anything wrong and the game isn't telling you the opposite).

Now if you want to avoid all routes where someone dies well then, yes, this isn't the game for you.

Darkantuan
8 months ago#7
It's not for me.

User Info: PDTECRJ

PDTECRJ
8 months ago#8
I know what the OP is saying with the dice roll. If I recall correctly, that dice roll one is the only one quite like it in the game. Like, that is one where you literally have no idea that the game expects you to try to roll the dice multiple times until you get it right.

The rest of the times where you get a "bad ending" are much clearer. Like, the choice is "enter a name" or "press the button?" and you either do the action correctly, incorrectly, or just don't do anything at all before the time runs out.

The dice one only even came to me because I'd played the other games and for some reason I just thought, "I wonder if it's a thing where I have to try a bunch of times," but even as I found out that was exactly what I had to do, I realized I could have easily just not thought of that. But yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the only situation in the game where you really just have to take a blind guess like that.

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered...there is a similar situation later in the game, one of the D-Team rooms, but because of how the dice one worked earlier I immediately knew it was going to be the same kinda thing...and turns out I was right.
your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
7 months ago#9
Is this TC for real? Talk about having no clue about what you're purchasing.

Darkantuan
7 months ago#10
Hotel_Security posted...
Is this TC for real? Talk about having no clue about what you're purchasing.

Why? Because you can't imagine someone not loving your precious game? Yeah there was definitely a notice on the game page that said "warning this game forces you to get multiple BS game over screens just to continue the game". No, that's not how the game was advertised.

Why don't you go belittle someone else?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Zero II's Technology Story/Plotcancerino32/21 9:22PM