• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
1 year ago#11
Your theory.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: ZeroEscape3

ZeroEscape3
1 year ago#12
Blayshy posted...
Your theory.

Well, the axe fragment like a point she would want to SHIFT out of, so I can't see why it couldn't happen. But then, in ZTD they tend to indicate SHIFTing with blue energy orbs and staring at the ceiling. So I don't think it's what Uchikoshi intended.

So... Is it possible? Yes. Did KU think of it? Probably not.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

Blayshy
1 year ago#13
I seriously like to discuss that stuff with another fellow ZE fan. :)

ZeroEscape3
1 year ago#14
Blayshy posted...

I love games with crazy plot twists, and I especially to come up with possible, somewhat insane theories about them. I'm hoping to post a fanfic that incorporates my ZE theories.
Posted using GameFlux

Blayshy
1 year ago#15
ZeroEscape3 posted...
Blayshy posted...

I love games with crazy plot twists, and I especially to come up with possible, somewhat insane theories about them. I'm hoping to post a fanfic that incorporates my ZE theories.

I however dislike how you treat the game like trash on other threads.

ZeroEscape3
1 year ago#16
Blayshy posted...
ZeroEscape3 posted...
Blayshy posted...

I however dislike how you treat the game like trash on other threads.

I mean, I enjoyed ZTD mostly from a satirical standpoint. It didn't really hold up to the rest of the series. It could have been done better. Perhaps the lack of funding and time was what did it in, or perhaps it was Uchikoshi's sudden switch to third person instead of using a visual novel. The twist that the game itself was hiding a participant from us was kind of cheap. The alien explanation was way too out there. I know that part of the game is deciding how much Delta is telling the truth, but... the explanations to those twists come completely out of nowhere, and since they aren't foreshadowed in any way, it's really hard to suspend disbelief. The lack of a VLR-style map showing your location, the choice to show us the story in fragments instead of timelines, the fact that we see so little of DCOM, and the lack of interaction between wards make everything feel very disconnected from everything else, and it's hard to think of it as one storyline. The characters were good (except perhaps Junpei and Akane, who were a little over the top). The scenarios were good. But it wasn't cohesive, foreshadowing was bad, explanations were half-baked, and it's honestly just not nearly as good as 999 or VLR. I thought VLR had wild twists, but these were insane, and rather than helping things make sense they just add more questions, or answer questions you weren't asking.
Posted using GameFlux

Blayshy
1 year ago#17
They ARE foreshadowed.
And you should accuse VLR of creating too much questions in the first place and letting some for the sequel/interquel instead of going the 999 way and answering the majority of them without creating false promises.
I bet that, even with a bigger budget, the game would still have been a let-down for many entitled people.

ZeroEscape3
1 year ago#18
Anyway, it's not trash. It starts off strong, and then suddenly it's all "okay guys let's SHIFT with magical energy beams" and "oh yeah we never really talk about Q and we never use Sean's name but even though Sean has no memory, he knew his name was Sean all along and also Q is that guy in the wheelchair in the corner" and "aliens did it!" There's just a lot of parts that were cheesy, hidden from the player, or out of nowhere. And it's all in a format where you go between several disconnected fragments whose only link, generally, is the death count. It's in a facility where different rooms in the "same" ward seem completely disconnected. For the most part, things just don't together nicely. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to be honest about what I think. There's a lot of unrealized potential.
Posted using GameFlux

ZeroEscape3
1 year ago#19
Blayshy posted...
They ARE foreshadowed.
And you should accuse VLR of creating too much questions in the first place and letting some for the sequel/interquel instead of going the 999 way and answering the majority of them without creating false promises.
I bet that, even with a bigger budget, the game would still have been a let-down for many entitled people.

Your VLR point is completely valid. And yet, would it have been so much harder to come up with an explanation that didn't involve aliens? Even if it was a choice between two things, like how Sean explains he doesn't believe FBR is real and it's probably a trick.

For other unresolved parts of VLR... Most of it was just the characters who were supposed to show up. Having new characters isn't bad, even if their mental instabilities are kind of obvious. The lack of Left's importance in the story is a bit discontinuous, but overall, the major questions from VLR were about the number of survivors, the Radical 6 release, and Sigma's arm, all of which were answered. It's just the explanations, and the execution of ZTD twists, that need work.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: Flochaos

Flochaos
1 year ago#20
The general opinion is she actually inhaled too much carbon dioxyde and died shortly after. Junpei and Carlos both being dead in that timeline, also she couldn't have known the other two weren't leaving too, because this akane wasn't aware of the lounge and watch plot twist.

For all we know, she resigned this future couldn't be the VLR future, but couldn't be a future she would spend with Junpei (thinking about it she might be the character that suffered the most in the series). Her last hope would be to leave the bunker with at least Sigma and Diana, but they weren't on the other side of the door.

She either died of CO2 exposure, killed herself in desperation (hoping to shift but that doesn't work anymore), or survived and rejoined with her brother to live a miserable life (remember her brother feels he actually lost his real little sister in the incinerator, so their relationship might be a little awkward).
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Zero II's Technology Story/Plotcancerino32/21 9:22PM