• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God Eater Resurrection
  3. Impulse Edge - a Melee based gun

User Info: Davincross

Davincross
2 years ago#1
I'm sure most already know this but I had to experiment to find it. Impulse Edge from long blades is basically a Melee gun. Impulse edge damage is boosted by skills that boost melee damage as well as those that boost Special melee attack so it's boosted by:

-Special Melee attack boost
-Melee atk up / [B] Melee atk up
-Survival instinct / Wild instinct
-Sword master
-Burst Drain attack
-etc i'm sure

The last two [Sword master], [Burst Drain Atk] make for an interesting combination. This is kinda fun for me, specifically with F.kongou. The radials are all white sparks on the body of F. kongou so they're all boosted by 20%. Also burst drain attack boost the damage of impulse edge but it DOES NOT drain the bust gauge. So that's pretty sweet.

Basically Impulse edge really is a melee gun. Of note, it is NOT boosted by:

Radial damage up
Bomb damage up
Gun damage up
Any gun related skills.

Davincross
2 years ago#2
re: Impulse edge stamina drain
I *think* trigger happy does not affect the stamina drain of IE. Because all the other skills that affect IE are melee skills therefore I'd assume that trigger happy doesn't. However I have a vague memory of reading somewhere that it did. It's an easy one to test and I have trigger happy anyways so I'll prob let ppl test it on their own.

However [Special melee attack stamina] skill does decrease the stamina drain of IE. And of course, the stamina regen skills are good for all skills that lower stamina.

re: Gun special attack focus and speed
This *in my opinion* is only applicable to blast guns. Gun special attack focus means that once you try to refill your blast gauge, nothing will interrupt this action. Gun special attack speed means the overall action is faster.

However with Gun special attack focus - I don't know if it means the attack also won't damage you. Like are you immune to damage or do you simply not flinch but still take damage. If its the latter, that means right when you're done with the motion of filling your oracle gauge, you could die if the hit you took was enough to kill you. It was hard for me to tell but I know for sure that it prevents flinching even when hit while doing the motion.
(message deleted)

Davincross
2 years ago#4
?
  1. Boards
  2. God Eater Resurrection
  3. Impulse Edge - a Melee based gun
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Lenka utsugi code please? General2 Answers
What weapons are devine weapons? General2 Answers