• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
  3. Should I play this before Divinity: Original Sin 2?

User Info: Dordledum

Dordledum
4 months ago#1
I just bought Divinity: Original Sin 2, have not started it yet. Wondering whether I should play this one first?

User Info: GundamFanT

GundamFanT
4 months ago#2
They're not direct sequels plot wise, meaning they simply take place in the same universe. But part 2 had cameos from part one you'll likely appreciate more after having spent 40+ hours with certain characters.

Also, this is just a personal opinion but the 2nd game is much better than the first, so it may feel like a downgrade if you go backwards. Mind you, Original Sin 1 is still an amazing game, it's just part 2 is generally considered much better.
Psn/GT: GundamFanT Nintendo Code: SW-1394-8994-8299
Dragon's Dogma Switch Pawn ID: E21C-46D6-C532

User Info: Dordledum

Dordledum
4 months ago#3
Ok, thank you!

I decided to buy this one too and playing it first. Have been restarting a couple of times now and trying some classes.

I have now started on tactician and having a blast, the battle with the orcs on the beach took me 4 attempts to beat :)

Playing a wand dual-wielding with pyro/earth/witchcraft and a ranger with bodybuilding/willpower/armour skills.

I think this is the build I'll settle on for the real play-through..

User Info: GundamFanT

GundamFanT
4 months ago#4
Dordledum posted...
Ok, thank you!

I decided to buy this one too and playing it first. Have been restarting a couple of times now and trying some classes.

I have now started on tactician and having a blast, the battle with the orcs on the beach took me 4 attempts to beat :)

Playing a wand dual-wielding with pyro/earth/witchcraft and a ranger with bodybuilding/willpower/armour skills.

I think this is the build I'll settle on for the real play-through..

I did the same before finally settling on a build ha ha. Ever the perfectionist. Good luck!
Psn/GT: GundamFanT Nintendo Code: SW-1394-8994-8299
Dragon's Dogma Switch Pawn ID: E21C-46D6-C532
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
  3. Should I play this before Divinity: Original Sin 2?
  • Post New Message